• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

epic uses for 'use magic device'?

krupintupple

First Post
ok, probably misleading, but i've a relatively (i believe) simple question:

can someone use any of the epic spells/powers via UMD? like, on a scroll or something? i know absolutely nothing about epic spells, asides from the fact they exist, but was mostly curious as i'm considering some cool NPC plotlines...

Starbuck_II

First Post
ok, probably misleading, but i've a relatively (i believe) simple question:

can someone use any of the epic spells/powers via UMD? like, on a scroll or something? i know absolutely nothing about epic spells, asides from the fact they exist, but was mostly curious as i'm considering some cool NPC plotlines...

Yes, but creating an epic "scroll" requires research for creating that epic scroll (yes, instead of using scribe scroll you actual must research it each time to make scroll).
Epic spells may only be inscribed on stone tablets or other substances of equal or greater hardness. Once a spell is so inscribed, another epic spellcaster can learn it without going through the process of development. Once an inscribed epic spell is learned by another epic spellcaster in this fashion, the tablet upon which it is inscribed is destroyed and cannot be mended

Basically, it doubles check required so double cost/time, but you can make a "scroll".

I'm not sure if Tablets count as scrolls for UMD.

Remove ads