• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Equivalent Exchange: Episode 3--Crimson Eternal

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The guard glances at it, then hands it back*

"It says it's for the lieutenant. She should be in her office here. Take a left and it's the last one on the right."

*The guard salutes again as Al and Selim walk in, heading to the left through the stacks of books until they reach a hallway with various offices. The last office on the right states "Second Lieutenant Scieszka".*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al, stares at the nameplate for a while, rubbing the back of his head and grimacing. "Whoops." He glances at Selim. "You didn't know that Scieszka works here now did you? Oh, I'm sure they'll figure it out..." Alphonse knocks on the door and waits for a reply.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Wh...huh? Oh! Coming!" Scieszka's voice calls out from inside the office.

*There is the sound of walking, and a crash and then some shuffling and then walking again. The door opens to reveal Scieszka in her usual attire, including her state military jacket (ignore the clothing in the following picture) framing a doorway inside of which piles of books are sitting precariously, surrounding a desk with a pen and paper on it in a way that makes it seem hard to actually travel from the desk to the door or back.*

Sheska_%28FMA%29.JPG

"Oh, Alphonse Elric! Hello there. What brings you here? How is Winry doing?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al smiles at the sight of another old aquaintance, "Hi Scieszka. Winry is fine, but she didn't come with me this time. I didn't know you were working at the library. I actually came to do some research, but um, General Hawkeye said I should give you this." Alphonse shows her the letter.

OOC: So what exactly was Alphonse expecting to find in the library to help him find Ed anyway? I don't know what to ask for.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Scieszka takes the letter and reads it.*

"Oh. I see. You want access to the restricted files. Not even most people in the military can see those, but if Brigadier General Hawkeye wants to give you access, then that's alright with me. You want to see it now? Oh, right, of course you do. Will you two follow me then?"

(OOC: Information on the philosopher's stone that he couldn't find back at home because people wouldn't talk about it. History, techniques, research about the gateway--anything that might give a clue)

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Alright." Al waits for Scieszka to lead the way. "Oh, by the way. Do you know anything about an alchemist named Tucker, or a Lieutenant named Kate Miller?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Tucker..." Scieszka shivers, "Don't get caught up with Tucker, Alphonse. It's not a pleasant story. I have never heard of someone named Kate Miller, no. Well, not from people talking, at least, though there was this one set of books that listed the names of all the commissioned members of the Amestris military, and she was in there...but it didn't say anything really about the people there, just a list of names."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Alphonse frowns, again someone is trying not to tell him anything. "Look, I can handle it alright! I'm not a kid anymore! This is important! Kate Miller was supposed to have died in Ishbal but she's alive, Private Bradley found her just today when he chased someone into laboratory five! She's not a Homunculus, which means she must really be alive, but she looks like she hasn't changed since Ishbal and she can't remember anything after she was supposed to have died. The only lead is that the person who brought her there said he'd beaten Tucker. I need to find out what is going on before she gets sent to some laboratory!"

OOC: Of course it's just Scieszka's luck that Al would lose his temper with her. Though admitedly, Hawkeye is allot more indimidating.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Scieszka winces and steps back as Alphonse rails at her, then adjusts her glasses.*

"Well, if you must know..." she says quietly, then her voice raises, "It was Aliens! That's right--Shao Tucker met with the alien leader as it landed the flying saucer and they agreed to divvy up the world's omelettes between them! Then they flew away to the Eastern Islands!"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al simply stares at her for a good five seconds, unable to come up with any kind of verbal response. Finally he just folds his arms and follows silently, looking sour. If no one will tell him, he'll just have to find the information himself.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads