• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eratta ... errata? corrections. whatever. ... SO MANY!

DaveStebbins

First Post
BVB said:
Ahoy, PC.
'S funny, though, to see people send hamburgers back to the fry-cook because they asked that the pickles be held, or a T-shirt returned to the store because the stitching machine left a hole under the arm, or demanding a refund from the theater manager because one of the speakers failed in the middle of the movie. RPGs, though? - a lively defense of errors.
Not a correct analogy, IMO. If an RPG book is defective, like your examples (pages missing, spine broken), I will return it and ask for a replacement, just like your examples. Errata, however, does not prevent me from using the material for its intended purpose and enjoying the game. The majority of D&D players are not followers of the game on the internet, so they probably are blissfully unaware of errata. Yet they continue to play and enjoy the game.

I think it's a matter of degree. Errors, while annoying, do not prevent the game from being played and enjoyed.

Remove ads