WotBS eReader and WotBS?

UnknownAtThisTime

First Post
A strangely specific question:

Has anyone DMed WotBS at a live table by using the adventure .pdfs on an eReader? (Not a laptop)

What Reader?
How was readibility/page referencing?

liggetar

First Post
I've used my Kindle for extended text box speeches, and it worked well enough to allow me to get rid of the physical barrier to interaction for those.

UnknownAtThisTime

First Post
I am going to answer my own question and say that the WotBS pdfs specifically work fantastic on the iPad. I am glad I got one.

I am not sure a smaller eReader would work.

Zinovia

Explorer
I use my iPad when running WotBS. It's great being able to zoom in on a map or art that I want to show the players. I use the GoodReader app to display it.

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
+1 here. I use Goodreader on my iPad with the PDFs -- I usually have printouts of what I need to run the game (so I can scribble) but I read the adventure ahead of time on my iPad. We also use a projector rig to project the maps onto the game table and I've used my iPad for that as well.

-rg

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I'm running the actual adventures online in MapTool, but I've been reading ahead using my Xoom tablet, and it's great for reading the adventures. If I had a group around a table, I would absolutely be happy using the tablet to reference the adventure and to zoom in on an image or map or something to show the group. A tablet is a great DMing resource.

falcarrion

First Post
I'm running the actual adventures online in MapTool, but I've been reading ahead using my Xoom tablet, and it's great for reading the adventures. If I had a group around a table, I would absolutely be happy using the tablet to reference the adventure and to zoom in on an image or map or something to show the group. A tablet is a great DMing resource.

Do you have any players using a tablet?

tjiddy

Explorer
... We also use a projector rig to project the maps onto the game table and I've used my iPad for that as well.

How did you go about
1) getting the map and tokens and what not on the ipad, and
2) hook it up to your projector?
3) actually run the encounter on the ipad

I'm very curious about this setup

Remove ads