Erekose's Savage Tide Adventure Path [Players Selected]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Oh no of course not, at least no one has tried to build punpun, the gnome shadow mage, or one of those other CO monstrosities yet.
I don't know what CO did with a Gnome Shadow Mage, but the Shadowcaster class from Races of Stone with the Gnome Illusionist substitution levels and then Signature Spell and Heighten Spell isn't that unreasonable. You basically pay the entirity of your feats (plus you get a permanent -1 caster level in a non-barred school, and you already have two barred schools) for the ability to cast most Evocation and Conjuration spells spontaneously as Illusion spells.

Erekose13

Explorer
Other way round I think its Shadow Mage in RoS. yeah but you can use your silent image spell at will to create 7th level evocation spells that are 100% real. So what if it costs all your feats. The thing I've seen with the Planar Shepard is just as bad too.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Other way round I think its Shadow Mage in RoS. yeah but you can use your silent image spell at will to create 7th level evocation spells that are 100% real. So what if it costs all your feats. The thing I've seen with the Planar Shepard is just as bad too.
They use 7th-level slots though, and it is a full-round action.

Erekose13

Explorer
I must not have read it right then. I thought they could just use their at will racial ability to do it without touching their spell slots.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
I must not have read it right then. I thought they could just use their at will racial ability to do it without touching their spell slots.
Oh, no no no. You can just spontaneously Heighten Silent Image into any slot as an Evocation or Conjuration spell of that level.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases