Eric Noah's Info

EricNoah

Adventurer
Well here's some more...

I just heard from a high-up at WotC. He says the info is so wrong that he suspects that my source is out to torpedo "my reputation" by giving me something this far off the mark.

I trust my source's intentions, though as I've said earlier my source could be misunderstanding something, or I could have misconstrued something.

Hopefully if the WotC person doesn't mind outing himself he could post here to verify and share what info he is allowed to share.

In any case, I responded to him as I respond to all of you: I'm out of the "D&D scoop business" and so this is the last you'll hear from me on anything 4E related.

Clefton Twain

First Post
helium3 said:
The only serious reason for a customer to reject an edition change is if the costs involved in moving from one edition to another is too high. The only way that the RPG business is going to be able to permanently move to a "periodic edition release" business model is if they decrease the price of the cost of an edition change to the point where they gain more customers than they lose with each edition change. If you can figure out how to do that then you'll know what 4E is going to look like.

Pretty good assessment. And that may be the driving force behind the rumored "release in small amounts"--it doesn't seem like you're spending a lot when you pick and choose little bits.

The move from 2nd ed to 3e was sorely needed. 2nd edition was very old, clunky, and was broken in many ways. I just don't see the same problem with 3e. If anything, I think WotC really needs to either revamp or open up the epic stuff. They've pretty much neglected it and I think there is at least enough interest to make a little money there, if done right.

They could even still just revamp some things in 3e--maybe work on that "20 levels of spells" thing, or classless D&D, or a better spell point system to replace the one in Unearthed Arcana?

All I know is, if, as rumored, 4e is supposed to be much more minis based, they'd better let you buy the EXACT minis you want, instead of getting your luck of the box.

(Once again, I know it's all heresay, but I like adding fuel to the proverbial fire :)

--CT

EricNoah said:
In any case, I responded to him as I respond to all of you: I'm out of the "D&D scoop business" and so this is the last you'll hear from me on anything 4E related.

I hope all this didn't make you feel like Cassandra, Eric. We're all suckers for a good argument over just about anything. It's was good to get the blood pumping before GenCon!

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
EricNoah said:
Well here's some more...

I just heard from a high-up at WotC. He says the info is so wrong that he suspects that my source is out to torpedo "my reputation" by giving me something this far off the mark.

I trust my source's intentions, though as I've said earlier my source could be misunderstanding something, or I could have misconstrued something.

Hopefully if the WotC person doesn't mind outing himself he could post here to verify and share what info he is allowed to share.

Eric, just so we're clear, did the WotC higher-up say anything at all about what was wrong about the rumors? Most importantly, did he specifically deny 4e was being worked on? I doubt he said anything specific like that, but I figured I'd ask.

EricNoah

Adventurer
ColonelHardisson said:
Eric, just so we're clear, did the WotC higher-up say anything at all about what was wrong about the rumors? Most importantly, did he specifically deny 4e was being worked on? I doubt he said anything specific like that, but I figured I'd ask.

Nope.

Let me point him to this thread. If he's able to post anything maybe he will, and head this whole fruitless discussion off at the pass. :)

mcrow

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Well here's some more...

Thank the Gods!

Now I don't have to hate D&D.

yet. :uhoh:

Koewn

Explorer
I'm glad I previewed, I had a big old reply that would've looked stupid with this new info.

EricNoah said:
Well here's some more...

Or gearing up interest/speculation for GenCon? There may very well be a biggish product coming out that could sound like a 4E but isn't (like the Basic Set sorts of ideas above).

That's almost too bad.

I was looking forward to finding out if diaglo's hat of e4 know no limit.

Koewn

Arnwyn

First Post
EricNoah said:
Let me point him to this thread. If he's able to post anything maybe he will, and head this whole fruitless discussion off at the pass. :)
:D

Eric, this thread went to 12 pages in less than a day. It already made it through the pass (and sacked the nearest village).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases