• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Errrr... can't find it...

Infernal Teddy

Explorer
Maybe I'm going senile, but I can't find anything on creating charts for random encounters or how often you're to roll for random encounters when in the wilderness. Does such information exist in Pathfinder, and if yes, where would I find it?

Dykstrav

Adventurer
Page 439, core rulebook

Asmo

My copy of the core rulebook (second printing) has random weather and wind effects on p. 439. Has this changed in newer printings?

I haven't found guidelines on using random encounters either, although different resources provide a plethora of tables for them. I've just been using the 3.5 guidelines for frequency and so forth.

Nebten

First Post
The table listed above is from page 324 of the Beastiary.

The only mention I've seen on how often random encounters occur is from Kingmaker's first adventure:

There’s a 5% chance of an encounter occurring each time the PCs enter a hex, and a 15% chance per day or night spent exploring or camping. Take care not to overwhelm the PCs with encounters it’s usually good to limit wandering monster encounters to once per day.

A hex in that adventure is 12 miles.​

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads