D&D 5E E's 5E Tomb of Annihilation (ooc)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Don't you think that's practically cliché? All the combinations there are and you're playing Monet? or Picasso? :)

Of course it's cliche! LOL That's kind of why I want to. Heh. Just made one up for AL, but I'll probably stick to something a bit less cliche for this. I mean, it's a world without pizza! *gasp*

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
We will start as first level characters, in reading the reviews some of the early levels are a little lite but there does appear to be some decent DMs Guild products that should help fill that void. The idea is that you know each other to some extent. You may know each other from before, or you just got acquainted on the trip to the starting location, but everyone is known each other in some way or another.

For character creation I would prefer that you use either point buy or standard array. As for as classes/races and backgrounds you can use any published WOTC book. I will look at any 3rd party source on a case by case basis. Matt Mercer’s Blood Hunter is also approved as is.

Given the nature of this adventure I have no issues if there are “monstrous” races or some characters that given their past actions would tend towards evil, but every character must be able to work with the group and carry out this mission. I am fine with a few arguments and strong disagreements within the group on how to do things but no PvP, no stealing from each other, physically fighting each other or the like.

I have been excited about this adventure since it was announced so it should be a lot of fun to get this going. At the moment I have our players as being.

KahlessNestor
Jmucchiello
ART!
Steve Gorak
Khraos

Starting Equipment or Starting Gold?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
So we have a druid and a cleric. That's definitely healing covered. Maybe Survival. (Jungles of Chult).

I could do a fighter or barbarian (Meat shield) or a rogue (traps). Really, any party role.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Since we have a druid, I'll shy away from the ranger and go for the hexblade. Are Yuan-ti out of the question? I'm currently hesitating between yuan-ti and Shadar-Kai (elf subrace) as the race, in either case the character is devoted to the raven queen.

I'll see if it's possible to make a workable gish with the new XGtE hexblade.
Cheers,

SG

Remove ads