• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Escape Key

mattcolville

Adventurer
I hate it. Please disable it. I just, not for the first time, typed a long post and accidently hit the Esc key in the middle, and the entire message dissapeared and I can't Undo it.

Why does it do this? Why on earth would you ever want a single keystroke to destroy your entire post?

hong

WotC's bitch
That's a function of your browser, not of the board software, I believe. And on IE 6 at least, pressing Ctrl-Z brings the text back.

mattcolville

Adventurer
Nope, control-Z does this: .

There's nothing in any of my browser settings that says "Escape Key To Erase All Text In A Field." So unless you can tell me under what category of Preference it is, I'm going to stick with "It's the board software."

mattcolville

Adventurer
Well it's not a browser preference. But control-z does work on a PC. Of course, I use a Mac.

It's also IE specific, not netscape. Hmm....well, my PC's faster than my mac anyway. May be a reason to switch...I hate loosing messages like that.

pensiv

Explorer
no one said that it was a browser preference it is a browser function, which means that no matter how much it sucks, you have to live with it as long as you use that browser.

Remove ads