Eschton [mature] IC - Calling Arabesu

Arabesu

Tyrroth elects to observe the channel static for a few beats rather than responding directly. In his many years of experience as an observer, he has found that listening even when one is expected to respond can force another to provide information that they had not expected to divulge. Indead, this is much like similar real-life conversations in that regard.

Whispering to Sigil directly, i.e. not over the psi-web, "Queen Sigil, Autarch Thyrxiex has become confused and distressed by the nature of your request. Normally I would be perfectly happy to let such a bureaucrat stew in their own confusion, but in this case I would be remiss to allow an esteemed ally such as yourself to place yourself in a compromised position of negotiation."

He continues with a tinge of concern in his voice, "They seem annoyed that you don't seem as conversant with psy-web protocols as they expect. Obviously they are jealous of your citizenship. Probably they would be crushed underfoot by one of Kaydia's many violent animals were they to actually foray out from behind their terminals,* escape their monoculture, and visit a world as diverse as yours. Nevertheless, I see their point. You and I both must institute changes to the behavior of our followers if we are to embrace eschaton ideology. In my case, my acknowledged affinity for anachronism has stunted my follower's advancement."

"Anyway, I bring it to your attention so that you may make a stronger case to recover your armor. In the meantime I have a spell that may help. To place this spell on you I must insult your grace with my coarse touch..."

If she permits, he will cast his prepared Greater Mage Armor on her.

* - yes he is aware that no one still uses "terminals," but again, his anachronism crops up even here, unintentionally.

OOC The sblock was broken for me; at first I thought it was a result of borrowed computer + browser difference. Anyway, I got the info through quote. I hope you don't mind; Normally, I try not to look at the other player's sblocks, but in this case...

Shayuri

First Post
Sigil nods as Tyrroth approaches. When he touches her shoulder, his fingers pass through her illusory garment to touch the skin underneath. A moment later, the glamer is reinforced with its opposite...invisible but solid force covered by visible but immaterial appearance.

She nods at Tyrroth and speaks with a clear, mellifluous voice tinged with faint overtones like tiny bells in harmony.

"Thank you for the advice, but at this stage it seems to me that the larger community must be absolutely desperate for information about what's going on here...and this 'committee' is therefore equally desperate to fulfill that need. My asking for help with the psi-web will benefit them as much, or even more, than it will myself...since I can't give them what they want from me unless I understand how to provide it."

She smiles.

"And please, do call me Sigil. At this moment I am a concerned citizen of Eschaton. There will be time for queening and 'your graces' in more courtly surroundings."

Voidrazor

First Post
[sblock=Sigil]The box, clearly visible in Sigil's mind's eye , opens with an unmistakable sense of familiarity. Its like deja vu, though not dreamlike or disjointed. The impression resolves into the experience/memory of the mental push necessary to open a psi-web nexus. Its very similar to using Jahara's looking glass, visualizing her intent and sending it out with a surge of will. And the psi-web nexus, once brought to the mind's eye, maps out out the psionic network's functions in a visual, completely intuitive fashion. Arround the fey monarch are arrayed the vault of her memories, catalogs of trillions of services, another virtual box labelled 'advanced features', a long list arranged by projected relevance of beings waiting in queue to speak with her, and libraries that set her mind to reeling from the vaguest sense of their vastness. The psi-web held a kaleidoscopic infinity of options, and there would be no predicting what effect such a thing would have on faerie society, or was there?[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
"I understand the councils concerns, and any aid would be most appreciated. You should be recieving the stansmission coordinates now."

Shayuri

First Post
Sigil stands still, eyes slightly unfocused as she assimilates the new information. After a moment she snaps out of it and says, "All right...I suppose we have to wait for these supplies before we press on..."

[sblock=GM]Sigil takes a moment to familiarize herself with the controls needed to comply with the request, then sends Now, what sort of accomodation are you offering for my cooperation? The items are appreciated, but this strikes me as being rather more valuable than just those things. Bear in mind too that my perceptions are honed both by experience and magic; I see much that is unseen. What can I expect in exchange for sharing that vision?[/sblock]

Voidrazor

First Post
A faint but intensifiying glow appearing amidst the party is cause for momentary startlement. But soon it becomes apparent that the light comes from a trio servitors, essentially animate arcane sigils, materializing from the astral. They hover forming the points of a rotating equalateral triangle. A new brilliance builds up as a column in the center of the circle described the the servitor's rotation. The brightness increases until it is hard to look upon, then quickly fades. In its place sit items that look almost exactly like the items that were destroyed by the ooze creature. Also amongst the items is a metal box with rounded edges. This last, Arhaux reaches for.
[sblock=Sigil]The genius of our meritocracy is that those who perform services for the Eschaton are rewarded comensurately. This payment does not come in the form of coin, but as a societal or karmic credit that can be redeemed for good or services. The system isn't perfect though. The value of meritorious service is arbitrated by countless committees. So it pays to advertise ones good deeds. And, if I may make a suggestion, your rewards will go a lot farther if they are used primarily to prepare Kaydia's defenses against the coming dangers. Is all I have said clear? Do you have any questions? And, one more thing; would you indulge us by allowing me to share the gist of our conversation with the other with you?[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Serraphina's features melt back down into her much less feral and beautiful appearance after her opponents have vanished through the floor. "Excellent, though slapping a coat of blueshine on those suits of armor could help us avoid this situation again in the future for fairly cheap." Serraphina notes as the freshly replicated gear materializes in the middle of the sizzling group.

OOC-(Blueshine MIC p.4 - 1,500g for armor's permanent immunity to acid and rust dmg and effects) I have 1 final left and then almost 3 weeks off :)

Shayuri

First Post
Sigil gratefully picks up her armor, and the replacement for the clothes that she lost. The illusion of clothes ripples and flickers as she dons first the garments, then the armor. She doesn't say anything, but privately she's a bit unnerved by how...easy...it apparently was for those in Eschaton to replicate the diligent work of feysmiths.

"My thanks," she says aloud. "Now we have a chance. Lets use it!"

She waits for the others to finish donning their replacement gear before setting off towards the distant portal.

As she waits, she sends to the psi-web:

[sblock=Psiweb]The defense of Kaydia is my primary goal in being here, yes. And I have no objection to the others knowing what we discussed. Your help has been invaluable. You have my thanks.[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Serraphina taps back into the psi-web after a moments thought. "Would you mind sending along a couple doses of blueshine on second thought and just charge it to my Platinum Citizens Account*. I wouldn't like to see this type of situation come up again." While she talks, she slides her chain back its zero-friction sheath around her legs.

OOC - PCA I have over 5k left unspent so I'll just pay for it.

Voidrazor

First Post
In measured tones Thyrxiex replies, A cannister large enough to coat each of you should arrive shortly. And there is no need for payment. I hope I am not overstepping in saying this. But, the Eschaton is a meritocracy. While it is certainly possible to accumulate resources via the buying and selling of goods, direct service to society generally results in better compensation than mercantilism. This is especially so when it comes to flashy and dangerous deeds such as the one you are all engaged in.

To be frank, there is an element of enlightened self interest, beyond mere self defense, in our Committee helping to facilitate your success. In helping you, our own service will be recognized and rewarded. However, it does pay to let one's good deeds be known of far and wide. That is why I would suggest broadcasting your experiences. At present, enough goodwill has been generated to cover the cost of replacing your damaged equipment, the blueshine, while leaving a modest reserve for other materiel. But there is not enough for an adequate defense of the IAO system should we be invaded. That, I submit, should take a very high priority.

A few moments later, a large metallic cannister arrives in a column of light amidst the circling servitors. Upon examination the inky liquid inside appears to be blueshine.

OOC: After applying the stuff, assuming there are no surprises ;), how do you wish to proceed?

Remove ads