• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Essentials Dice Set vs. Premium Dice = WTF?

Zephyrus

First Post
Yes. both sets came with 4d6. the color sceme appears the same however. the essential set does not have the deca-D10 but the the essential set on the D10 it says 10 instead of 0.

Vael

Legend
I don't see myself buying more dice (yet), because I do have a lot sets. But I'm not exactly mourning the loss of the percentile dice. I don't use them, and have actually pulled them out of my dice bag.

Dire Bare

Legend
Whether this thread is pointless or not, I find this really retarded. 1 less die for an extra $0.50? No way, WotC! What the hell is wrong with you? Feel free to flame me for the stupidity of this thread.

Okay. This thread is stupid and pointless. The Essentials dice set is newer than the Premium dice set. Prices go up. Deal with it. Irrational hyperbole is not needed nor wanted.

~ What makes you think this is the appropriate thing to say to a new ENworlder asking a question? I know you can behave better than this - Admin ~

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

AngryMojo

First Post
Yes. both sets came with 4d6. the color sceme appears the same however. the essential set does not have the deca-D10 but the the essential set on the D10 it says 10 instead of 0.

The d10 is enough reason for me to buy them. I love that the red box has that.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Okay, so I'm new to the forums, and although this isn't really about 4e, but heck, everyone's talking about Essentials and I'm talking about an essentials product, so I guess that works out for me. So, today, I was looking up all the Essentials products when I saw the essentials dice. Well, compared to the Premium dice, this is a stupid deal. Why?

Essentials Dice: 1 d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and a d20 and a dice bag = 12.99

Premium Dice: 1 d4, d6, d8, percentile die, d10, d12, and a d20 + dice bag = 12.49

kay what the hell is WotC thinking. Why the :):):):) are you giving away less for more money. WotC is purely evil! Or, that's just why it's called premium dice.

Also WHY IN HELL IS IT $13 FOR DICE?! On amazon, it costs around $7 for a set of dice. So, the bag costs $6?

Whether this thread is pointless or not, I find this really retarded. 1 less die for an extra $0.50? No way, WotC! What the hell is wrong with you? Feel free to flame me for the stupidity of this thread.

Welcome to the forums. Please note that you will receive better feedback if you do not swear, use terms like "retarded," to describe things, or pepper your posts with flame bait (e.g. "WotC is evil!").

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Mod Edit:

The Rules of EN World apply - don't discuss moderation in-thread. If you have a thought or question, please take it to e-mail or Private Message.

Thanks.
~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

Otterscrubber

First Post
Sounds like wizards hired a business development professional who is taking it to ridiculous levels. I like wizards but they are trying to creatively repackage old material in confusing ways. I hope it all works out cuz I love this game and don't want it to get choked with mounds of duplicate documentation that is disguised as errata or updates or "essential". They should improve and consolidate material, I'd buy it, but this "essentials" is being marketed as some grey area. I'm still not sure if it is new material that should replace old books, a quick reference guide or some 4e streamlined hybrid?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads