• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ever Heard Of A Gaming Cruise?

Flynn

First Post
Good Morning, All:

While reading through the messages on a mailing list I belong to, a friend posted in passing that he had heard about a cruise vacation that catered to gamers. Apparently, it was a "gaming cruise" of some sort. I hadn't heard of anything like that before, and my Google Fu is apparently weak this morning, as I couldn't find anything in a quick online search.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing as a cruise for roleplayers and gaming? (This is the RPG kind of gaming, not the gambling kind. ;) )

If you know of something like that, could you post a link or two? I've been looking to take a cruise for some time, and this sounds like as good an excuse as any. :D

Thanks In Advance,
Flynn

I think I saw an ad for that in the GenCon catalog they handed out (the thick one with all the maps, and advertisements). Unfortunately, I had to ditch that along with all the other free stuff I picked up when I suffered a luggage malfunction leaving Indy.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I have a vague recollection of hearing about a cruise for gamers last year some time, but I can't find anything to back it up.

On a completely different note, I found out something interesting about Google. I was doing a search using multiple keywords. I included Dungeons and Dragons as two individual keywords. Further down the results I started finding hits that did not include the words Dungeons or Dragons, but did contain D&D (D&D Mechanical, D&D Cabinets, etc.). I didn't think Google would make that leap unless I specified it in my search.

Thornir Alekeg said:
On a completely different note, I found out something interesting about Google. I was doing a search using multiple keywords. I included Dungeons and Dragons as two individual keywords. Further down the results I started finding hits that did not include the words Dungeons or Dragons, but did contain D&D (D&D Mechanical, D&D Cabinets, etc.). I didn't think Google would make that leap unless I specified it in my search.
Do you have Web history on? I think Google will use that to tailor search results based on past queries.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
I've known of at least two other CruiseCons over the last decade.

Now that is cool. I'd heard of the Star Trek conventions on cruise ships, but not a gaming convention. I would totally do this.

der_kluge

Adventurer
ICE (makers of Rolemaster, HARP, et al) used to sponsor a gaming cruise.

It's funny - I was just thinking today how cool a gaming-related vacation would be. Like, ENWorld could block out a week at a Sandal's resort in Jamaica, and we could all go and game for a week. That would be so totally awesome.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads