• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ever lost an amazing player?

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Piratecat said:
I have lost seven - count 'em, seven - players from my campaign to the west coast. Add one in Texas, one in New York, and one in Vermont, and it sort of looks like I'm just driving them away by the van load!

Speaking of that, my wife is considering applying to some colleges in Seattle. So if you let me play a wizard in your game, it would guarantee that she’d be accepted. ;)

Vymair

First Post
The best DMs of my teens years stop playing years ago when he got married and moved away.

My other friend I played solo with all through HS went away to college and never played again.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Piratecat said:
I have lost seven - count 'em, seven - players from my campaign to the west coast. Add one in Texas, one in New York, and one in Vermont, and it sort of looks like I'm just driving them away by the van load!

I lost my first DM to Boston, if that helps. :)

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
el-remmen said:
Helene. . .
Her visa expired and she was laid off from her job so had to move back to France. . . :(

Ouch. Damn man, that really stinks.

Mark CMG said:
I lost my first DM to Boston, if that helps. :)
Maybe you'll see him the next time they're on tour. ;)

I miss everyone I DMed for (because I can't run my stinkin' campaign without them), except one of them because he's an ungrateful, damned-dirty cheater.
My best friend Dave left for DC to be a teacher and his younger brothers left for college along with the rest of the group. My other best friend Eric (in addition to being the only person left and thus not much of a party) is just too busy to play. Well the up-tight pain in the neck THINKS he's too busy anyway...

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
I have a great group now, but I do miss a number of players:

Steve - my brother - work related move.
Dave - old friend - work related move.
Brian - old friend - work related move.

And the whole gang in St. Louis who I moved away from...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads