D&D 5E Everything aboot 5E looks boring.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
You may be happy, but WotC /needs your money/! 5e is the edition for everyone, if it's not for you, it's already failing just a little teeny bit in that goal, when it's hardly even started.

I can't speak for TS, but WotC will be getting my money when they start putting up those old edition products--there's a lot of BD&D and 2E setting stuff I never picked up and don't want to pay secondary market prices for, and even a few late 3.5 books. That should counterbalance the fact that Next is still looking too much like a cleaned-up 1E. :)

And on the original topic, I think the biggest 'boring' element for me is the monster writeups--not the Bestiary, mind, that's a work in progress, but the Wandering Monsters column. We've been through several now, and I haven't seen any signs of fresh or interesting ideas. Personally, I'm waiting on the vampire--if we go back to level-eating slap-fighters, that will convince me that Next is going to be the Ouroboros Edition of the game.

I can't speak for TS, but WotC will be getting my money when they start putting up those old edition products--there's a lot of BD&D and 2E setting stuff I never picked up and don't want to pay secondary market prices for, and even a few late 3.5 books. That should counterbalance the fact that Next is still looking too much like a cleaned-up 1E. :)

And on the original topic, I think the biggest 'boring' element for me is the monster writeups--not the Bestiary, mind, that's a work in progress, but the Wandering Monsters column. We've been through several now, and I haven't seen any signs of fresh or interesting ideas. Personally, I'm waiting on the vampire--if we go back to level-eating slap-fighters, that will convince me that Next is going to be the Ouroboros Edition of the game.

Personally, I could wish for the Nosferatu variant in the 2E Van Richten guide to become the standard. Check out this innovation: it drains CON by sucking your blood.

And yeah, I can't wait to actually be able to buy 1st hand 1E & 2E Realms stuff. All my old books got stolen years ago when I had them is storage.

Remove ads