Everything D&D Ever - Chapter 1: Temple of the Frog

fireinthedust

Explorer
Xana catches up to the others and plants herself in the middle, behind someone taller than herself. Odum, on her shoulder, frequently peers over that person's shoulder, in case enemies attack.

So, have any of you ever done this sort of thing before? I've only spent time reading about delving through ruins. More tomes than tombs, right? Xana grimaces at the poor joke, but tries to sound hopeful as the party moves forth, towards adventure.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Nope! I'm practically a baby," proclaims Lillily to those behind her, without looking back. Acknowledging Xana's jest, she adds, "Tomes are tame. Tombs teem! It's time, to me!"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Mudbunny, whom I am Facebook friends with, was in Ottawa during today's shooting. He is ok and safe, but likely won't be posting for a bit, though I don't want to speak for him so if he pops up and proves me wrong, I'll be happy to be wrong.

The forest northwest of the city is what the nobility refer to as a "preserve" - all manner of exotic and dangerous creates are allowed to dwell there so the nobles can hunt them for sport.

As a result, the forest is quite wild for being so close to a center of civilization and there are few trails.

OOC: Anyone who cares to can make a Wisdom (Survival) check to keep the group from getting lost. Anyone who rolls a 15 or better will succeed.

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel was a city girl, despite the 'wildness' of her pseudonym. She didn't know much about surviving outside of walls and lights, but she was perceptive, and had good instincts. She put those to use, trying to keep the expedition from straying too far...

[roll0]

Brother Dave

First Post
Bran is much too busy watching and learning about his companions and composing music to pay any attention to where the party is going. He's really more of a people person anyway.
[sblock]Sure hope somebody knows what they're doing in the woods and is paying attention, or things are likely to get very interesting. :)[/sblock]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Quite frankly, thought Samara, I've read a lot about these woods but never actually ventured into them. Surely the one named Xana can appreciate that... provided she retains her wits and hasn't been ensorcelled by whichever demon's blood courses through her veins.

Still, the city wasn't that far off... South and East, wasn't it? Based on the position of the Sun, we should be...

Survival: 1d20+3=23

"Exactly where we must be," Samara said absent-mindedly. "No path is hidden while Saint Cuthbert holds your heart in his hand."

Perhaps the blood of my no-account father is to thank for my "woodens' intuition".

After a pause, Samara snorted loudly.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I'm sure it's this way," insists Lillily, pointing due North.

She stares at Samara, but blinks almost instantly, and so she shrugs and accepts the new heading.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Samara blinks in response. "I have studied this area well, though it was from within the temple's walls. I am certain I've seen some record of adventurers passing through here... or perhaps a hand-painted map. Or scroll..."

"Regardless, THIS is the way we must go,"
Samara pointed with a mailed finger. "Worry not. As sure as my heart beats, Saint Cuthbert guides us true."

Remove ads