Everything D&D Ever - Chapter 1: Temple of the Frog

Shayuri

First Post
Huh. That was interesting.

"Why don't you want to possess and use it's power?" Kestrel asked. "Why are you ready to destroy it so quickly?"

fireinthedust

Explorer
Xana looks at the bar patrons around them, speaking softly. I think we should get going. We look like adventurers, and she looks like an elf with glowing eyes. I'm sure our new employer would be able to handle herself, but any kind of trouble would attract notice. Maybe we should... She nods towards the door.

OOC: As a sage I'd know where to look stuff up about the temple of the frog. I'm using my sagely knowledge, finding a library, and looking up tales of the temple. Specifically, I'm looking for things that might give us a clue as to the dangers we may face there.

If that's not possible, I just tag along.

Also: are we getting supplies from her first, or only after we destroy the temple?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Neato," agrees Lillily.

She finishes her second pint, which given her mass leaves her quite tipsy. She has her report, and returns to the captain with it. She then takes her leave.

Lillily can carry all of her supplies, but with food and things, shs near her encumbrance load, and is very happy to ask one of her companions if they'd be so kind as to carry her food for her, if it won't slow them down. (She eats as much as they, and so is grateful too for their patron's willingness to provide supplies.

When getting supplies, she checks to see if there is a gnome sized breastplate, but is unlikely to need more than basic provisions.

Brother Dave

First Post
Sighing, Bran reluctantly pushed his romantic notions about adventuring to the back of his mind. Now that the decision had been made, he needed to focus on more practical matters. Like salvaging his reputation and getting paid.

"As enlightening and entertaining as this is, unless there's a reason we need to leave right this moment - and as late as it is, I don't recommend it - I really must to get back to work. I've already taken more time than I should have, and I'd rather not develop a reputation for breaking contracts. When and where should we meet? I have no other pressing commitments at the moment, so I can be ready as soon as tomorrow morning. Or do you need more time to get organized?"

He considered for a moment. Better not press my luck any more than I have already. It would be just like Armiger to show up in the middle of our meeting. "Ahhh...and if it's all the same to you, I would prefer not to meet back here. Too many prying eyes. No sense advertising our business to the entire city."

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Alara nods her head in agreement.

"This is not something we should be discussing in the light. Best done in the shadows, away from prying eyes and ears that might wish us harm."

With that, Alara backs away from the group, pulling her hood up over her face.

"This inn is far too loud for my tastes. I will be in the smaller inn just down the street, the Golden Sheathe, under the name Andora."

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel glanced at the others; so quick to make plans, so quick to trust. Well that was convenient for her at least. Not that she intended any ill towards them or anything, but she couldn't be sure how her orders might change over the course of all this. Best not to get too involved with them.

She looked back at her hostess then, still waiting for the answer to her questions.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION] , are you still with us?

Araushnee holds up her hands to quiet the questions, "The supplies are in a hidden elven camp, not far from the city. I do not know what is available, but I will make sure my people do what they can to aid you without jeopardizing their own mission."

She looks at Kestrel with just a hint of anger, "I do not crave power. My clan, the Kae'Athan, want nothing more than to be left alone.

Araushnee nods at the suggest of adjourning for the evening, "No more can be said this night. I will find you in the morning."

Later...

Xana's research provides only sketchy details, but its enough to get a good start, at least. The Temple of the Frog is rumored to be the forward section of the crashed ship of the ancient dragons. The midsection of the ship was found by the humans of Blackmoor in the Barrier Peaks not long ago and they have since pillaged and exploited it, furthering their own knowledge of magic, technology, and the combination there-of. The Temple earns its name from the fact that the dragon-shaped ship's head is partially sunken into the swamp and overgrown with plant life, making it resemble a frog.

The Temple is rumored to be the home of two groups who interests intersect. A cult which utilizes magic and strange alchemies to create bizarre hybrid creatures, most notably oversized frogs and other reptiles; and bandits who have built a small town around the temple and use it as a base of operations for their raiding activities.

The Temple is situated somewhere in the Dismal Swamp. Xana finds a partial map, drawn by one of the few lucky enough to escape the place, which shows most of a trail leading through the treacherous swamp. The last mile or so of the map is, unfortunately smudged, torn, and useless.

OOC: If there are any other preparations you intend to make before you depart for the elven camp, post them now. Next IC post the journey shall begin.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Lillily says thanks to her captain, telling him her thoughts about the beer. He discharges her, and she thanks him, uncertain when she'll next be at sea. As she disembarks, various crew members come out and she gives them hugs or high-fives or handshakes, as she feels appropriate. She has her possessions with her, and is sorry to leave the place that has been her home for the past few months. But there are always other ships, and she knows she's served this one well.

"Let's see what's next..." she says, to no one in particular.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
OOC: Oh yes, still here. I thought we were waiting for everyone to post so we could move on, and I thought my "Yes, let's go!" post was evident of that. :)

sithramir

First Post
Taranis nods his agreement. "Let us be on our way. We will do what we can to help neutralize this Temple."

OOC: Taranis is a drifter who knows someone at every place he has been. Not sure if perhaps he has been near that area or any others on the way. He will use that to find any information useful.

Do we need horses, etc? He wil meet at the place designated. Only need to know if we need to buy more rations and water.

Also can I buy potions of healing? I think I have enough if so

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases