D&D 5E Everything We Know About The Ravenloft Book

Here is a list of everything we know so far about the upcoming Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft. Art by Paul Scott Canavan May 18th, 256 pages 30 domains (with 30 villainous darklords) Barovia (Strahd), Dementlieu (twisted fairly tales), Lamordia (flesh golem), Falkovnia (zombies), Kalakeri (Indian folklore, dark rainforests), Valachan (hunting PCs for sport), Lamordia (mad science) NPCs...

Here is a list of everything we know so far about the upcoming Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft.

rav_art.jpg

Art by Paul Scott Canavan​
  • May 18th, 256 pages
  • 30 domains (with 30 villainous darklords)
  • Barovia (Strahd), Dementlieu (twisted fairly tales), Lamordia (flesh golem), Falkovnia (zombies), Kalakeri (Indian folklore, dark rainforests), Valachan (hunting PCs for sport), Lamordia (mad science)
  • NPCs include Esmerelda de’Avenir, Weathermay-Foxgrove twins, traveling detective Alanik Ray.
  • Large section on setting safe boundaries.
  • Dark Gifts are character traits with a cost.
  • College of Spirits (bard storytellers who manipulate spirits of folklore) and Undead Patron (warlock) subclasses.
  • Dhampir, Reborn, and Hexblood lineages.
  • Cultural consultants used.
  • Fresh take on Vistani.
  • 40 pages of monsters. Also nautical monsters in Sea of Sorrows.
  • 20 page adventure called The House of Lament - haunted house, spirits, seances.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Have they stated the race of any of the new darklords? Because other than presuming that Chakuna is black (the same way von Kharkov was), I'm not seeing anything in your list that speaks to more racial diversity.

I haven't, to be clear. However, looking at the slate of authors, who are both diverse themselves and are known for making horror inspired by non-Western cultures, I'm expecting these 30 Domains are more culturally diverse. For example, Cassandra Khaw has written Nothing But Blackened Teeth (Japanese influence), K Tempest Bradford wrote The Copper Scarab (Egyptian/African influence), and Ajit George is I believe writing the Kalakeri section (Indian influence).

Zarithar

Adventurer
I love this. Pre-ordered and will be picking up the alternate cover here at MOX Boarding House. Can we get confirmation on Sithicus? Pretty please? Krynn (in some form) confirmed?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is interesting. They say “over 30 new domains of dread”.

The words “over” and “new” are the interesting bit. They’ve named a half dozen, but if there’s 30 more brand new domains? That’s very tempting!

BC1B3C93-4DB7-452E-A033-DA0BDC784474.jpeg

Voadam

Legend
This is interesting. They say “over 30 new domains of dread”.

The words “over” and “new” are the interesting bit. They’ve named a half dozen, but if there’s 30 more brand new domains? That’s very tempting!
Could be new ones for 5e which only had Barovia before. So possibly 32 total.

Remove ads

Remove ads