Evil Bard Prestige Class?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Vod is talking about The Mourners, who, although not inherantly evil, do control (to a degree) and manilupate spirits. I can email you some of the stuff Bar, but it will have to be a little later since I don't have Hollowfaust in front of me.

Valicor

First Post
Do you have Mythic Races by Fantasy Flights?
They have a race in there with a 5 level bard prestige class. it is race specific, but could easily be used for any pc or npcs. Its called the Illonis DoomSinger. They use magic and song to spread misery and desolation among those who hear their words. Also they have spell progression everylevel like a typical bard does.

Voadam

Legend
ooh I had forgotten about the Ilonis, are they the blind ones who were cursed and go from plane to plane every hundred years or am I getting them mixed up with others?

F5 said:
It's not exactly genre-approporate, but for a primer on how to run a high-level, Evil Bard you should go see (rent, whatever) Phantom of the Opera. The Phantom has this bizarre charisma that he uses to manipulate people throughout the show (Bardic ability: fascinate and Suggestion). He has a whole network of secret tunnels and passages in the Paris Opera House that he uses to vanish and re-appear (lots of ranks in Hide and MS, plus a Knowlege skill of some kind). And throughout the whole thing he's kind of vaguely magical without actually throwing obvious spells around. That, and he's all kinds of evil, and the half-mask just looks cool.

I think that's a great inspiration for an evil bard. I seem to recall the Phantom (whose real name was Erick?) was an engineering genius. So, knowledge: Engineering (or at least Knowledge: Architecture) is in order.

The book is better than any of the movies (or the plays, for that matter). And it's a pretty quick read. Not too long and not overly taxing on the brain.

Valicor

First Post
Voadam said:
ooh I had forgotten about the Ilonis, are they the blind ones who were cursed and go from plane to plane every hundred years or am I getting them mixed up with others?

Yep that's them. Though like afew other prestige classes in the book, I don't think is necsisarily has to be race limmited.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
A little off topic but anyone ever read the Kane story Dark Muse.

It is about a poet that finds a small figure of a beautiful woman that with the right spell will send a dreamer into her world where they become more creative, they then return at the end of the night, full of insight and a passion to put forth their new found abilities.

In the story, the guy does become more creative, his poem caused those to hear it go mad, killing each other.

A very good story.

Thebalrog

First Post
Nightfall said:
Vod is talking about The Mourners, who, although not inherantly evil, do control (to a degree) and manilupate spirits. I can email you some of the stuff Bar, but it will have to be a little later since I don't have Hollowfaust in front of me.

Sweet, man I appreciate that sounds exactly like what I need.

Originally posted by Valicor
They have a race in there with a 5 level bard prestige class. it is race specific, but could easily be used for any pc or npcs. Its called the Illonis DoomSinger. They use magic and song to spread misery and desolation among those who hear their words. Also they have spell progression everylevel like a typical bard does.

Hrrmmm, dang this sounds REALLY sweet too, I don't have the Mythic Races, though. :(

Last edited:

Grendel-Prime

First Post
I was actually flipping through the Hollwfaust today at WotC and saw the Mourner class. It looked pretty cool. Had a picture a guy stroking a Harp that looked like it was made of flesh and entrails...

Definitly a sweet class for a villain :)

Remove ads