D&D 5E Evil Necromancer Monologue

Satyrn

First Post
"Look upon the army you created for me. Look upon your loved one that I hold captive. For all of your heroism, I have gained power. And when you fall, I shall add your corpses to my legion. Despair, for today you meet your end."

This should work well. He gloats, he threatens, it gets across his evil necromancer-ness, it reminds the players of the hostage and it's short!

The other half were the polite ones. They were going to let the DM finish an entire sentence.

That's actually quite clever. Make me think I can monologue more (in-character) so the players can the satisfaction of cutting "me" off like that, automatically winning any initiative contests. It's an easy way of giving the PCs a tactical advantage.

Balfore

Explorer
"Look upon the army you created for me. Look upon your loved one that I hold captive. For all of your heroism, I have gained power. And when you fall, I shall add your corpses to my legion. Despair, for today you meet your end."
I really like this

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mad_Jack

Legend
The other half were the polite ones. They were going to let the DM finish an entire sentence.

As opposed to the party I was in who ambushed the BBEG, then mocked him by using a spell to call up his spirit and asking it what it's monologue was going to be... ;)

"Oh, jeaze, well, uh, you know, you plan for, for, for years, for centuries for this moment, you've got your, your hostage hanging perilously, you have your army of recent dead--thank you for your help there, really, I mean that--and they're going to, to be your obedient minions for, well really forever, I guess, and you're going to conquer the world, or at least an impressive portion of it, with them, and you've got a scrappy, a ragtag band of foolhardy adventurers, of moral absolutists who think you're evil--they blame you for their problems, and they're going to try to stop you by attacking you with, with swords and bows and arrows when you're, I mean you're literally making an army of remorseless rotting soldiers out of the people that they've, they've already, uh, uh, I mean, I can't believe this, and when I say centuries, I mean centuries, since you were a boy, just a tiny boy, and you wouldn't believe what something like that, that kind of devotion to planning, does to you, to your studies, and I'm not kidding you, I started going gray before I turned twelve--I remember because I asked for bone meal and a wand for my birthday, and my mother, you know she was very conservative, and before that she refused, refused to let me have any severed body parts in the house, but she finally said I was old enough to have some, some bone meal, but then she took it away when I reanimated a tiny little bit and it turned out to be fish, fish bones if you can believe that, and my mother was mortified so she threw it in the river, and somewhere there's probably still my little bone fish swimming around--but you can see why my hair would turn gray, oh, and the heartburn, I used to stay up nights, my heartburn was so bad that I couldn't lie down without burning a hole in my pillow, so I would just sit up at my, my, my roll-top desk and read, or really re-read, because I must have read every word of some of those books two- or three-hundred times, about rates of decay and the comparative usefulness of skeletons and zombies and how the latter depreciate in value from the moment you help them back to their feet, I mean, do you know, you wouldn't believe, do you know that I used to, sometimes until four or five in the morning, sit up making spreadsheets of the time value of zombies, and if I reanimated it X days after death, then I could expect it to last Y days before it broke down, and even if you calculate that kind of thing, sometimes you just get a, a, a lemon, and it shambles sideways and falls into a ravine, or it has such bad cataracts that it can't tell you from the bully at school, so you have to dismantle it before it, well really before it cracks open your skull and eats your brain like a big bowl of strawberry ice cream--and after all that planning and preparation, the big moment comes, you're stepped out on a grand stage, and you can't think of a single thing to say."

Balfore

Explorer
So, I'm working on this final EPIC battle, with PCs that are 20+Boon, and all have a gem in their body that turns them into a living artifact...(so spells that originate from a caster will work thru an anti-magic field...but weapons and armor will not).
We've have never played beyond 20, so I took it upon myself to piggy back on the end of Princes of the Apocalypse.
After they have killed the multitude of cultists, this will feed the undead army of my epic villain.
The story began when the previous DM ruined the story of a PC i had played years ago, and has been since turned into a villain (which was fine).. he separated a spirit/shared entity leaving him to fulfill his own destiny (something I didnt want).
So, I'm running the follow up campaign to 'fix' the error... and making him a continuous threat for ages to come (of course we will have to take years for him to return to his full strength, which is fine).
So I thought it would be a good time to play an epic level campaign-beyond 20+boon.
there will be 10 PCs, all with (each player playing 2 of their level 20 PCs whos stories are not complete).
I'm just needing ideas for an epic and memorable battle that will be talked about for years-in game and out :)
This is my first campaign and havent DMd anything that really mattered (one other time with this group, but it was a failure... I thought).
By the end of the campaign, the main PCs will have a tile that goes with guarding rips in reality and preventing OWC's (Other Worldly Creatures) from coming into this world. But, opening the world to other game world settings (Eberon, Greyhawk, Sci-Fi, Steampunk, Wild West...etc...) Mainly because we have played in this world for so long- our older PCs are NPCs and there arent many Legendary items left in the game, but also to allow for crossover characters from other realms and worlds.

At the end-The Boss (my Necromancer) will fade away for a multitude of years before showing back up.
But this time, The Boss used the PCs to leave a trail of death all thru PotA. (by using another Players character who has since ascended to a Keeper of Time ultimate Chronomancer to be locked in a struggle between Order (time) and Chaos (Cthulhu), he is biding the PCs time to keep Chaos from destroying the world, but the effects of Madness are beginning to show up in a multitude of places).
So, while all that is going on, my Boss is taking advantage of the time to create his world of undead that he can use to rule the world. (this is also after the Out of the Abyss, when a moon was summoned and raised the tide and killed more people-more potential for undead...I used this 'new moon' to be the be a place where Cthulhu was imprisoned and banished long ago by the old gods... guess what... he was summoned back :) ).
When the moon was summoned, it brought with it a propecy of the 4 horsemen (I found a great homebrew for the horsemen, who were all shown on 4 different tapestries in the cave at Lance Rock at the beginning of PotA... when they later went to visit that cave, the tapestries looked as though they could be walked into)
So, thats the backstory... trying to put it all together now...
I havent put together the Horsemen story
I havent put together the Boss fight

...struggling

Remove ads