Evocations of the Archmagi

Wycen

Explorer
It's the one year anniversary of the submission deadline for Evocations and so I thought it would be a good idea to bump this.

Last I heard, back in November or December of last year, was this project was delayed.

Any more word of when this might get going again?

It's not really the party line, but this is one of those instances where my enthusiasm for a product dropped off sharply after worked started. Rather than being, "Cool, look at all the nifty evocations," it was, "Wow . . . this is a lot of editing. If we'd had the foresight to include a mandatory layout requirement, so that all the submissions would fit the same format, it would've been much easier. As it is, I have it ready to work on, but other projects with more immediate deadlines have kept cropping up.

Sorry.

RangerWickett said:
It's not really the party line, but this is one of those instances where my enthusiasm for a product dropped off sharply after worked started. Rather than being, "Cool, look at all the nifty evocations," it was, "Wow . . . this is a lot of editing. If we'd had the foresight to include a mandatory layout requirement, so that all the submissions would fit the same format, it would've been much easier. As it is, I have it ready to work on, but other projects with more immediate deadlines have kept cropping up.

Sorry.

Thanks for the candor. Good luck getting back to the project. Does this mean though that all contributions are being accepted, or that portions of all of them are? No acceptance/rejection letters were sent out.

We never sent out acceptance or rejection notifications, because the project floundered. I do have the near-finalized list of spells on my computer, but it would take a bit of cross-checking to get all the names in order, and unless we actually get the book back onto a schedule, I don't see the point of telling anyone good or bad news.

All it takes, though, is a few words from Jake or Russ, and I'll get back to it. That'll push off Lyceian Arcana some more, though, which was pushed off because the magazine was reconstituted during the final stages of Elements Revised.

Wycen

Explorer
Well the good or bad news would let us try to polish those entries found lacking for possible recycling somewhere else, though I'd much prefer to see them all under the Enworld flag. :)

I do recall you mentioned the printed stack of entries was 200 pages, so that is a heap a burnin' love.

Is there any revision to this book's status please? I have a use for my submission if this isn't going to go anywhere in a year. (And would be willing to write replacements if they were accepted.)

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Good question.
I'm looking into it.
Right now Ryan's busy with the magazine and the LA book, Hound's in school full time and freelancing with impending deadlines, and I'm up to my expletive deleted in Arsenals, but I'll see if I can't light a fireball under the ENP tail and get this out- or at the very least, release the content to the original authors.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Hmmm... I submited some stuff way back when, but after it disappeared completely for a long time, I assume it had died and I used some of the stuff elsewhere (in a product that is now just awaiting art). Is this potentially probablatic?

(Note that I have not yet used the prestiege class I submitted, which was really my favorite part)

Remove ads