• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Evoke and Charging items..

[MENTION=63]RangerWickett[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]...

Question from tonight regarding spells Currently you can cast an Evoke with range touch onto an item.. such as an arrow, and have the arrow deliver the spell at range.

The question is how about 'mass' version to cast on a handful of arrows. I was thinking that it would work this way:

1 for discerning
1 for area of effect
x for Evoke damage

The arrows deal x divided by the number of arrows charged

IE, Mass Evoke Touch on 6 arrows would cost 8MP to have each arrow deal 1D of the evoke damage.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I guess that could work. I mean, technically you have to cast it multiple times, once for each arrow. Maybe there should be a meta-enhancement called "Mass Casting" specifically for multiples, but it would take some thought to get the costs right.

Well, discerning is kinda the 'mass casting' and the main issue is that allowing a caster to charge 10 arrows with 8D of Evoke Damage each seems to be overpowered to the point a nerf-hammer needs to be brought in.

If there was a 'mass casting' that allowed each charged item to receive the full Evoke damage, the cost would need to be higher than 2 MP for sure {10MP spell to but 2D enduring Evoke on 10 melee weapons to hand out to the team seems a bit much, but the idea of having that sort of spell available is cool!}

Remove ads