• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ex. to Ravenloft question

Mighty Veil

First Post
I'm going to be a player in it. So no need to answer more than I ask (and I'm asking for my DM).

At what chapters, and when in them, do characters normally gain a level. This adventure isn't part of a campaign. The DM would rather just level up us than worry about handing out XP (we have 6 players, he's not sure we would level up soon enough for the challenges, and it's his first time to DM).

Klaus

First Post
You start at level 6.

At the end of Act I, you rise to 7.
Halfway through Act II, you rise to 8.
At the end of Act II (or at the beginning of Act III), you rise to 9.
After you defeat the main bad guy (not going to spoil it here), you get to 10th level.

Klaus said:
You start at level 6.

At the end of Act I, you rise to 7.
Halfway through Act II, you rise to 8.
At the end of Act II (or at the beginning of Act III), you rise to 9.
After you defeat the main bad guy (not going to spoil it here), you get to 10th level.
It also depends on how much of Act II and Act III you go thru. Haven't played the module myself (DM keeps dropping hints about sending us through it), but I've heard tales of groups powering their way through to fight the BBEG while only at 8th level. Some pulled it off, most didn't.

I bought the adventure when it came out to mine for ideas for a Halloween-themed Star Wars adventure series, and if you try to plow through it, Act III could be a lot harder.

My advice would be if you get rumors to check various things out, take the time to go check them out ;)

Klaus

First Post
Donovan Morningfire said:
It also depends on how much of Act II and Act III you go thru. Haven't played the module myself (DM keeps dropping hints about sending us through it), but I've heard tales of groups powering their way through to fight the BBEG while only at 8th level. Some pulled it off, most didn't.

I bought the adventure when it came out to mine for ideas for a Halloween-themed Star Wars adventure series, and if you try to plow through it, Act III could be a lot harder.

My advice would be if you get rumors to check various things out, take the time to go check them out ;)
Oh yeah. Entering the Castle at any point prior to the cusp of level 9 is a Bad Idea (tm).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads