• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Example Skill DCs

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We got asked to do this a lot, so we did. We do this for every skill!

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 10.40.38 PM.png

I like the numbers chosen. I will admit to a bit of concern when I saw the title of the post, because I was afraid they might be too high (people just want to do that for some reason), but these seem right according to 5e standards. That further confirms my general confidence in the quality of design work of the Level Up team. One of the members of our group will love this, as he likes clear numbers when he’s DMing.

VanguardHero

Adventurer
Same, I really appreciate the DC 10 being things that actually have an aspect of difficulty to them, to the point of a roll actually seeming necessary. I hate DC 10s that are easy and just there for the sake of rolling dice and presenting a failure chance because dice.

Jmarso

Adventurer
Same, I really appreciate the DC 10 being things that actually have an aspect of difficulty to them, to the point of a roll actually seeming necessary. I hate DC 10s that are easy and just there for the sake of rolling dice and presenting a failure chance because dice.
House rule "Take 10" in that case.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads