• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Excerpt: powers (merged)

FadedC

First Post
Xyl said:
My pet rat would like it to be known that rats are highly social animals and most definitely not cannibals. He would also like to point out that he does not eat his own weight in a week, let alone a day.

Rats are highly social animals but they are prone to killing each other if either food or space are dangerously low.

Kordeth

First Post
Powers Preview said:
Effect

Many powers produce effects that take place regardless of whether your attack roll succeeds, and other powers have effects that occur without an attack roll being required.

The effects of powers are as varied as the powers themselves. Some effects impose a condition on the power’s target. Other effects provide a bonus or a benefit (for you or your allies) or a penalty (for enemies). Still others change the nature of the battlefield or create something that didn’t exist a moment ago.

Two kinds of powers—conjurations and zones—produce distinctive effects that are governed by special rules.

Only thing I would have liked to see added here is "you may activate an effect without making an attack roll, should you so desire" just to head off the dumb "clerics can only buff by thumping people" arguments--other than that, good, solid terms definitions in this article.

vagabundo

Adventurer
Ever try to pick a squirming rat from a bag of rats while someone is swinging a mallet at your head. Me neither, I doubt it would end well.

Between OAs and biting rats, that is if they haven't not died of suffocation, starvation or at each others furry paws, is the tiny bonus you get from this worth it? I really doubt it.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Hmm... I think this bit is news to the collective EN World:
Accessories: These keywords identify items used with the power. If you have a proficiency bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls from your weapon or an enhancement bonus to your attack rolls and damage rolls from a magic weapon or an implement, you add that bonus when you use a power that has the associated keyword.

Remove ads