D&D 5E Excited about the new version so I preordered

I pre-ordered everything from amazon.de (closest amazon to my country), but then my county's #1 online shop started putting up the books so I ordered them there instead. Then my FLGS announced they were doing pre-orders after all, and so I cancelled my order at the online shop and ordered at my FLGS. But I did keep my starter set pre-order along with my pre-order of everything at the FLGS, so I'll get two starter sets. This means I 1) am practically guaranteed to have it on release and 2) can give one away to new players.

This is the first time a new edition is released since I started playing D&D. I'm super excited about everything, and I want to buy every book despite knowing my group will not so easily leave 4e behind.

I can't wait!

Particle_Man

Explorer
Yeah I preordered. I am glad that Basic is being updated with monsters and magic items when the other books come out, though, because I have heard that sometimes Amazon orders can be a little tardy.

pkt77242

Explorer
I haven't been excited about a D&D edition since 3E, that I went a little crazy and preordered everything last night. Am I the only one?

I really haven't played much D&D since 3E (most of my experience is in 2E and 4E was not my cup of tea) but this edition has me excited enough to order the starter set from Amazon as well as the PHB.

isidorus

Explorer
Supporter
I really haven't played much D&D since 3E (most of my experience is in 2E and 4E was not my cup of tea) but this edition has me excited enough to order the starter set from Amazon as well as the PHB.

I really haven't played much D&D since 3E. A little pathfinder and read 4E which read well but didn't work for my play group. I got mine from Barnes and Nobles online. DnD 5E seems very hackable so should be a good fit for my homebrew.

Remove ads