D&D 5E Exclusive D&D Next Campaign available at Gen Con Only

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
First, Lair of the Dracolich hits DNDClassics.com.

Greg Bilsland during the 25 hour DnD marathon said that Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle would hit DnDClassics.com 'Next month'.

I'll buy that for a $1. (or $15 or whatever).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
First, Lair of the Dracolich hits DNDClassics.com.

Greg Bilsland during the 25 hour DnD marathon said that Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle would hit DnDClassics.com 'Next month'.

I'll buy that for a $1. (or $15 or whatever).

Well that's not very exclusive! If I'd known that, I wouldn't have bought it at Gen Con.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Well that's not very exclusive! If I'd known that, I wouldn't have bought it at Gen Con.
The printed version is still exclusive, I bought a copy through eBay and I still would have bought it if I had known about the PDF. Besides denying all access to this product to people who couldn't go to GenCon would have made little sense IMHO.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
The printed version is still exclusive, I bought a copy through eBay and I still would have bought it if I had known about the PDF. Besides denying all access to this product to people who couldn't go to GenCon would have made little sense IMHO.
Of course, not even the printed version was actually exclusive to GenCon. Copies were also sold at the Spiel game trade fair in Europe in October.

Personally, I don't mind at all that WotC has decided to make Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle more widely available, both to European residents, and in electronic form. However I do think it is rather misleading to claim "this exclusive Gen Con 2013 D&D Next preview will only be available to Gen Con attendees" (a direct quote from the product page), since that's simply not true.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Of course, not even the printed version was actually exclusive to GenCon. Copies were also sold at the Spiel game trade fair in Europe in October.

Personally, I don't mind at all that WotC has decided to make Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle more widely available, both to European residents, and in electronic form. However I do think it is rather misleading to claim "this exclusive Gen Con 2013 D&D Next preview will only be available to Gen Con attendees" (a direct quote from the product page), since that's simply not true.

Yeah, that's my issue with it. I'm *delighted* that everybody can get it now, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just wish they hadn't persuaded me to part with my money by telling me that was my only chance to get it. I was on a budget!

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Yeah, that's my issue with it. I'm *delighted* that everybody can get it now, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just wish they hadn't persuaded me to part with my money by telling me that was my only chance to get it. I was on a budget!
If it's any consolation, the PDF version doesn't come with a free The Paladin, Isteval Collector's Series miniature :p

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator

Fair enough. That description is indeed misleading.

Remove ads