D&D 5E Exclusive D&D Next Campaign available at Gen Con Only

darjr

I crit!
From what I understand they weren't planning on releasing this in any other form. They changed their minds to do the PDF after the fan outcry for it. Didn't they?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
From what I understand they weren't planning on releasing this in any other form. They changed their minds to do the PDF after the fan outcry for it. Didn't they?
Possibly. I don't recall seeing anything concrete indicating that there weren't plans to release a PDF version, but I admit that I haven't watched/listen to the livestream game in which Greg Bilsland announce it would be released as a PDF.

Clearly, it was a sensible commercial move for WotC. Although it was only released eight hours ago, it is already one of the "Hottest Titles" on DNDClassics:

1. Vault of the Dracolich
2. D&D Basic Set Rulebook
3. Secrets of Xen'Drik
4. Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle
5. D&D Rules Cyclopedia

Blackwarder

Adventurer
After skimming through the PDF I can say that I think that it's a very we'll put product, I love the B&W art, both old and new and the layout is great, the beastiary and the how to play section is well putt and the the maps looks good enough.

All in all it's a good book IMO.

Warder

Scorpio616

First Post
"this exclusive Gen Con 2013 D&D Next preview will only be available to Gen Con attendees"

So now how is this not blatantly false advertisement?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
"this exclusive Gen Con 2013 D&D Next preview will only be available to Gen Con attendees"

So now how is this not blatantly false advertisement?

If their intent at the time was to make it exclusive to Gen Con 2013, and they simply changed their mind due to fan demand, then it was not false at the time it was made.

Remove ads