• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Expanded Psionics: Buying?

Are you getting the Expanded Psionics Handbook?

• Yes

Votes: 189 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 68 23.9%
  • Haven't decided yet

Votes: 28 9.8%

Greg K

Legend
Kahuna Burger said:
I'm looking for a very different feel in psionics, and I don't think its revised enough to do it for me, so no... my hubby might though, so I'll have access by default. :cool:

Kahuna Burger

Have you checked out Green Ronin's Psychic's Handbook? It is an excellent product with a different (and. IMO, much better) feel.

the Jester

Legend
I already got it. So did the player who plays a high-level psion in my epic game. He's ahead of me- I'm reading other stuff right now- he's already updated his character.

Particle_Man

Explorer
I Heart EPH

Bought it, loved it. It is my favourite game book so far. I can finally get the flexibility out of Astral Construct that I wanted. My Blue (Goblin) Shaper seeks adventure! First time I was happy that the party got obliterated, since this allowed me to make my character on the day I bought the book, which was the first day the book was for sale.

One other thing I like is that the psionic powers are not always the same as the wizard spells they mimic. There are subtle differences in psionic scaling, wizards get to use metamagic feats more often, etc. For instance, Catfall is significantly weaker than Feather Fall. The damage spells often do less damage than their counterparts. So, there is a lot of room for both Psions and Sorcerors, if one wishes.

That said, there are a few typos, as there are in all books ever published. See the thread in the Rules section for the ones caught by enworlders so far.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Particle_Man said:
My Blue (Goblin) Shaper seeks adventure!

I've always wanted to play a blue psion. A kineticist maybe. He'd be kinda like Yoda. :D

Behold my blue kineticist/psychic warrior with his small brilliant energy longsword!

Attachments

• Blue Yoda.jpg
    Blue Yoda.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Troll Wizard

First Post
No XPH for me, IMO psionics don't belong in a medieval-fantasy campaign so I don’t allow it in my campaigns and I don’t play one. One of the other DMs does allow them, but it seems just like magic with a different label on it. Still to me it is too Sci-fi in nature, even martial artist “ki” power seems out of place. I guess 21+ years of gaming has me a bit set in my ways…

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well I want it..but I still need the dough for Echoes of the Past before I get this. Still will probably get this.

Remove ads