• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

master arminas

First Post
Greetings all!

I am really pumped about this release. How many of you are planning on playing and/or running this? What are your thoughts? Let's start a good discussion, o.k.?

Arminas tar Valantil
Grand Master of the Ebon Rose

reanjr

First Post
I actually started up a Ravenloft campaign for the express purpose of working towards this adventure (modified, of course, for an actual RL campaign and not a one shot). Unfortunately, I have been away from my group for over a month now and maybe permanently, which makes me sad. I am still psyched about checking this out.

devilbat

First Post
My first ever D&D experience was with the original Ravenloft, and it remains my all time favorite adventure. I'll be picking up Expedition to Castle Ravenloft to read, but I'm not holding my breath as to it's contents. If nothing else, I'm happy to spend a few buck to add my name to the many that appreciate WOTC revisiting some of the older lines.

Razz

Banned
Banned
I plan on running this adventure and a Ravenloft campaign if, AND ONLY IF, this is a precursor to bringing more Ravenloft products to 3rd Edition...in other words, a return of the campaign setting.

Otherwise I'm not gonna bother getting it until I can get it used or something way down the line if I ever feel like running the adventure.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm looking forward to slotting this into my campaign when the PCs are the right level and are lost in the mountains. Fortunately, the whole campaign is about being lost in the mountains. ;)

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Ravenloft is one of my favorite modules and campaign settings. This is on my "Must Buy" list. I'd like to run it but I seem the only one in my group to like it though so I doubt is will be played :(, but I will be looking forword to reading it.

Despite having never ran or played in a Ravenloft game I am intrigued by this product. Running a campaign or adventure with a vampire as the main bad guy seems like a lot of fun.

Olaf the Stout

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Razz said:
I plan on running this adventure and a Ravenloft campaign if, AND ONLY IF, this is a precursor to bringing more Ravenloft products to 3rd Edition...in other words, a return of the campaign setting.

I feel exactly opposite. (but respectfully :) ) I hope it stands alone as the original did...just a big buttkicking adventure with a really cool bad guy.

Odhanan

Adventurer
I am really pumped about this release. How many of you are planning on playing and/or running this? What are your thoughts? Let's start a good discussion, o.k.?

OK! :)

I too am really pumped about this one! I don't know how to work it out in our Ptolus campaign, and if I would, but that would certainly be a great secondary game to play! Do we know how many game sessions, roughly, it would take to actually complete the adventure? I'm guessing a lot.

Remove ads