• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Explain Canada

ssampier

First Post
Impeesa said:
Eh? It's the same as the American "huh" or "hey", sort of a 'what do you think?' tacked on to the end of the sentence.

--Impeesa--

Hey! We use that the beginning of a sentence, not at the end. It's probably closer to those annoying people that say, "You know?" or "You know what I'm sayin'?" after every sentence.

*who's never been to Canada but dreams of finding The One Road. As Trey Parker and Matt Stone say, "Blame Canada."

Goblyn

Explorer
fusangite said:
In CanadaIt's true -- Alberta is the best place for undergraduates to find jobs. No contest.

I agree.

mojo1701 said:
There's a lot of foreign students here at the University of Windsor.

As well as at many major institutions in BC, IMX, such as UBC, BCIT, UCFV, and Douglas College. Not that that is exhaustive, though.

Impeesa said:
Eh? It's the same as the American "huh" or "hey", sort of a 'what do you think?' tacked on to the end of the sentence.

--Impeesa--

All, really. You can find that many people use it in different ways, but they all revolve around these similar meanings.

Impeesa

Explorer
ssampier said:
Hey! We use that the beginning of a sentence, not at the end. It's probably closer to those annoying people that say, "You know?" or "You know what I'm sayin'?" after every sentence.

Finish this sentence: "Nice weather, ___?" ;)

--Impeesa--

ssampier

First Post
Impeesa said:
Finish this sentence: "Nice weather, ___?" ;)

--Impeesa--

today, isn't it?

today, Sir?

lately, Ma'm?

Sorry it'd sound strange saying "hey" there. eh really does sound better, but if I said that instead, people would think I lost my mind or something (and starting wearing hats with earflaps*).

*stereotype I know....

Last edited:

jester47

First Post
I really think most Americans (as opposed to Canadians, cause technicly we're all AMERICANS) think of Canada as a supply of unused states. Kind of like Puerto Rico. If we were to ever add Puerto Rico as a state, it would really mess up the flag, and so to straighten it out, we would need a few more states, approx 4. So we would probably "cut a deal"* and take BC, Alberta, the Northwest Territories, and The Yukon. That way Alaska would not be so lonely and no one would really complain all that much. Mexico is where we invade if it proves impossible to move the border 30 miles north.

*The appearance of said deal depends on who is in the white house at the time.

devilbat

First Post
So we would probably "cut a deal"* and take BC, Alberta, the Northwest Territories, and The Yukon.

That would be an inventive way to get more oil. I'd ask if you could take us Manitobans, because I like the color of the U.S. dollar.

Shemeska

Adventurer
jester47 said:
I really think most Americans (as opposed to Canadians, cause technicly we're all AMERICANS) think of Canada as a supply of unused states. Kind of like Puerto Rico. If we were to ever add Puerto Rico as a state, it would really mess up the flag, and so to straighten it out, we would need a few more states, approx 4. So we would probably "cut a deal"* and take BC, Alberta, the Northwest Territories, and The Yukon. That way Alaska would not be so lonely and no one would really complain all that much. Mexico is where we invade if it proves impossible to move the border 30 miles north.

*The appearance of said deal depends on who is in the white house at the time.

Not as far fetched really considering that Alberta keeps moving towards secession anyway. Pays far more out than in in terms of taxes since they have the oil and cattle industry there, and that little thing about not being able to elect their own representatives but having them appointed by the prime minister*.

* I say this as an american who gets an earful on this from a friend from Canada

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads