• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging) [Concluded]

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Payne bites back the sneer, and slides her smaller hand into Zurd's. This had better work, and be worth her while. Stealing a glance at Kol, then Lokin in turn.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kyle swallowed hard, his eyes darting from one orc, his traditional racial enemy he noted silently, to another before making their way back to the piles of treasure, his traditional racial love another part of his brain thought, resting under the water. Sweat rolled in great thick droplets down his forehead and ran down his nose in a steady stream, forming a small puddle of perspiration near his feet.

Jumping at Zurd's command Kyle started to shuffle over towards the lizardmen bodies, his eyes continuing their dance around the room and his mind grasping for recipes that he might use.

orsal

LEW Judge
Kyle sees only lizardman carcasses, the majority not fully grown.

One of the orcs, seeing Kyle's interest, says to Zurd [sblock=orcish]"The dwarf likes the bodies. Shall we cook another of them for a feast?"[/sblock]

DerHauptman

First Post
Zurd ponders this for a moment...

[sblock=Orcish]

Well, lets see what my cook can whip up I have never eaten a youngling scalyman I bet they are tender....

[/sblock]

Kyle, do you think you can make something nice for us out of one of those remaining bodies there...?

D20Dazza

Explorer
"AhhsureZurd, Icandosomething - howaboutabarbeque? Anumberofdippingsauces? CanyouaskourhostsifperhapstheyhaveanythingelsearoundhereIcoulduse" Kyle says with a quickfire tongue, his nerves getting the better of him "Perhapssomeshroom,fungus,oil,thatkindofthing" he finishes, his cheeks flushed and eyes darting around the room.

DerHauptman

First Post
Zurd looks at Kyle with a really puzzled look ....

HUH?...

Kyle
...<motions for him to come closer>

[sblock=Whispering]

Um....I think that whatever you come up with will be swell Kyle, fanastic in fact, I have serious doubts that our hosts will appreciate it but I know that our group might be more inclined to eat these lizardman children if they are properly prepared don't you?

They are not big fans of eating beings who talk back...

But.....

We especially, don't want to offend the hosts now do we? Its would be bad to end up on the end of their roasting sticks ourselves.

Last time I cooked the lizardmen they were none too pleased.

Alas...I lack your skill and more importantly perhaps I lacked your rack of spices.

Spice it up real good and if possible lie and tell them its dog or swine or something else - anything else but children of sentient beings ok...

[/sblock]

D20Dazza

Explorer
"I tend to agree with our friends" Kyle whispers to Zurd "So you will help me prepare the dishes"

Kyle starts to prepare two dishes, one he prepares for the orcs from the lizard bodies, the other he prepares from trail rations and left overs but disguises it so it looks like the lizard. Mixing up a watery batter he has Zurd dice, flour and dip the lizard pieces before frying in a pot of oil that had been put on to boil. Kyle treats the trail rations to the same process, ensuring they are kept seperate to what Zurd cooks, and are cooked in a different pot.

While he waits for the oil to warm up he takes the opportunity to speak quietly with each of his companions "I will dish out the food and rest assured you will not be eating the lizard children"

orsal

LEW Judge
I'm going to be away canoeing for four days. So for now I'll set the scene for the next half hour or so, and you can roleplay as you see fit until I return. For now, nothing of great substance...

Several of the orcs are puzzled by Kyle's cooking, as if unfamiliar with his style. They accept the gift of food, but do not seem to appreciate his careful use of seasonings. A couple of them say something in orcish to Zurd about it.

In the meantime, you all have the chance to look around the room a bit. It is huge, and there are several more pools. If any of you are going to explore, I'll give you more detail (what's in the pools, how big, etc.)

Every 8' or so on the walls (at regularly spaced intervals) there is a protruding stone. Some of these -- irregularly spaced -- are illuminated.

The orcs speak to none of you except Zurd.

[sblock=Zurd]One of them asks about your origins. "You have some human blood. How did that happen" You do not detect any derision in this observation.

There are more comments on Kyle's "dwarven food" as they call it. "Do you eat this dwarven food all the time?" "Dwarven" is said with a scorn; they clearly are no gourmands.[/sblock]

The room is bigger than you can survey all at once, so it's hard to say how many orcs there are. The ones near the door are clearly not the only ones in the room; several have moved around the room, in and out of your sight at various times.

The chief has left with two other orcs. He did not say where he was going.

Remove ads