• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging) [Concluded]

TwistedMindInc

First Post
``Whoa, hey. Easy there.`` Her brows darting upwards as Lokin gets all sorts of offended at her comment. ``I'm just being smart and keeping an eye out for myself. Haven't you learned that by now? I didn't say that you'd run off with the treasure, but in case you did.. I wanted something to show for this adventure.`` She was still crouching down in front of the chest, fingering the red gem. Was she really out of line? ``Wouldn't have bothered me if everyone wanted a choice stone from the pot.`` This statement was emphasized with a tipping of her head towards the pretties.

orsal

LEW Judge
TwistedMindInc said:
``Whoa, hey. Easy there.`` Her brows darting upwards as Lokin gets all sorts of offended at her comment. ``I'm just being smart and keeping an eye out for myself. Haven't you learned that by now? I didn't say that you'd run off with the treasure, but in case you did.. I wanted something to show for this adventure.`` She was still crouching down in front of the chest, fingering the red gem. Was she really out of line? ``Wouldn't have bothered me if everyone wanted a choice stone from the pot.`` This statement was emphasized with a tipping of her head towards the pretties.

"That's not a bad idea," Kongu says. "The coins we could just carry in a sack, but the gems aren't going to weight anyone down, so... well, not quite enough for everyone to take one. Unless there's more in the other chest. Do you think you can get that one open too?"

hero4hire

Explorer
orsal said:
"That's not a bad idea," Kongu says. "The coins we could just carry in a sack, but the gems aren't going to weight anyone down, so... well, not quite enough for everyone to take one. Unless there's more in the other chest. Do you think you can get that one open too?"

"I will carry it for the moment whilst Payne does her tinkering. I am sure you wont be offended if I hold it outside of the room."

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Payne snickers at Kol's comment about waiting behind a wall. You let -one- trap spring and no one trusts you. Sheesh. ``Yeah, I'm on it.`` And the rogue sets to work on the locked chest.

orsal

LEW Judge
TwistedMindInc said:
Payne snickers at Kol's comment about waiting behind a wall. You let -one- trap spring and no one trusts you. Sheesh. ``Yeah, I'm on it.`` And the rogue sets to work on the locked chest.

Everyone (except for Lokin, holding the torch and shield so Payne can see) stands well back, but this time Payne encounters no glitch. After a couple minutes she gets the lock open.

Inside the chest is a pile of silver and copper, about 500 SP and 1200 CP. "I can see why this one wasn't as well protected as the other", Kongu remarks.

Lot

First Post
Lokin looks at the second chest with much less excitement.

"Well...it's a lot less flashy, but it's worth hauling all the same."

Lokin carries his heavy-duty sack over to the chest and starts piling the coin into it. When done, he will securely tie the slack of the bag to a strap on his backpack.

"I'm going to be pretty noisy with all this metal bouncing around on my back. If you need to scout ahead, let me know so I don't give you away. Now, I think it would be a good time to move on. Lot's left to find, I hope."

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Payne didn't hide the disappointment at what the second chest had to offer. ``Bah. For being an entire colony of smelly lizards and orcs, you'd think they'd have more to steal that just a handful of pitiful gold. Least make it worth our time and effort for killing them. Bastards.`` Grumbling she straightened, her hand lifting to rub the back of her head. ``So the door then?`` The rogue was already meandering over to it, sizing it up as she approached.

orsal

LEW Judge
Payne leads the group through the length of the room to the door at the far end. Toward the end, there are two more of the mysterious lights that you saw elsewhere, one on each side.

The door appears to be unlocked, and Payne can detect no traps. After listening carefully, however, she hears a little noise on the other side -- a bit between a grunt and a moan. She can't say what the source of the noise is.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Upon reaching the door, Payne reaches for the knob when she hears the sounds of something.. or someone on the other side. One gloved hand raises to stop the rest of the group from coming any closer, the other is brought to her lips to signal to be quiet. Then.. she motions to the door. Let's hope they're good at charades. With one dagger drawn, she pauses.. just for a moment, before opening the door. Her weapon ready in case she needs to immediately use it. At this point - it's a go ahead for the rest of the gang to join her.

Remove ads