• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Explosions in London

delericho

Legend
There doesn't seem to be a category for this. Also, it has a horrible danger of turning political - please avoid that.

There are currently reports on BBC1 and elsewhere of explosions in London. There has been at least one on the Underground, and at least one on a bus near Russell Square (there are also reports of one or two more, but confirmed information is scarce).

There are also reports of fatalities, and according to the BBC there are reports of "a large number of casualties".

The London Underground has been closed down completely. I'm not sure what sort of state the rest of transport in London is. Obviously, the importance of such questions pales before the needs of those caught up in the events there.

It is not clear whether the explosion on the Underground is actually connected to that on the bus - there are some reports that it may have been caused by an electrical fault.

There is not a lot of confirmed information, and it does no good to speculate, so I'll say no more. However, I expect I can speak for everyone here when I express my hope that the casualties are as few as possible, and that my thoughts are with those caught up in events in London.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Luckily for me I'm working from home today. My wife has been asked to go in to the BBC as per normal but we don't know whether there are any transport links to get her there at the moment.

Hope all the other ENworld Londoners are OK.

BBC is reporting on this here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/default.stm

Regards

MonsterMash

First Post
I go through Aldgate on my normal commute every day (using the Circle Line from Liverpool St to Blackfriars). I got down to Liverpool Street about 8.55 am, and all the tube entrances were closed and people milling about on the street where I did overhear talk of an explosion, I walked over to Aldgate East tube by Middlesex Street and saw the fire engines pulling up to Aldgate Station and the police closing the road round there. I ended up walking down to the office and have been trying to keep track of the news to see what's happening.

Luckily my family don't work in central London, but I've emailed friends to see that everyone is OK. Very worrying and my thoughts are with the injured and their families.

Krug

Newshound
Terrible news. Blair will give an address soon which will hopefully shed more light on the situation.

Red Spire Press

First Post
One of my best friends works in the area. He got off at Liverpool St this morning two trains ahead of the explosion. Needless to say, I'm relieved. So far he doesn't have any more information.

Zander

Explorer
I hope S'mon and Talarn are OK.

I know where S'mon works and I don't think he would normally be in any of the bombed sites at that time. Talarn is an actor and there are quite a few theatres not far from the Russell Square bus blast but theatres are usually empty in the morning.

MonsterMash

First Post
Zander said:
I hope S'mon and Talarn are OK.

I know where S'mon works and I don't think he would normally be in any of the bombed sites at that time. Talarn is an actor and there are quite a few theatres not far from the Russell Square bus blast.
Kind of early in the day for actors though. S'mon would need to use the tube to get up to work though. I've also posted a message on randomlings house as Tallarn seems to visit there more often as well as randomling.

S'mon

Legend
Looks like a big al Qaeda attack. Luckily it happened well before I left home, but my wife was on her way to work. I'm annoyed London Underground initially said it was an 'electrical surge' on the Met Line, so when the Underground was closed she got an overland train in to her work at Farringdon, which is near the middle of the area attacked, east of Russell Square, west of Aldgate. If we'd known there were (apparently) multiple bombs on Tube trains & buses she'd have known to come home. *grr*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads