• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Explosions in London

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Aeson said:
Most of us Southerners are, but it seems to me you Brits have your tough side also.

I'm just getting around to reading this thread. I'm glad you all are all right.

I can't make that claim: either a Tennessean or a Southerner. Wasn't born here but raised here and tough as well! :]

It's when calamity strikes is when you find out just how tough people REALLY are! :D
And how close-knit too! :cool:

The_Universe

First Post
My sister is in London on an internship, and left the tube at Kings Cross after what was said to be "electrical problems" on the tracks. She then boarded a bus on one of the lines that was targeted/attacked. It was a nervewracking day - but thank God that neither she nor anyone she knew was hurt.

My prayers continue to be with Londoners. :)

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
The Druid Merlin said:
edited out by Plane Sailing

Merlin, While I agree with you this is not the place. This thread was meant to show concern and support for our friends in England. Do not make this political. Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
The Druid Merlins post was removed for overt political commentary.

On another note, we can still have a pretty stressful time because of peoples thoughtlessness.

I'm on the train into work this morning. Getting a little shut eye. Open my eyes and I see an abandoned bag on the seat just across from me. Ask around and my fellow passengers saw the owner (city gent in a suit?) walk off down the train leaving it.

We're just pulling into a station so I go to the door and start to attract the guards attention when jackass returns. The moron is oblivious of the concern that his stupidity caused, excusing himself by saying that he's been awake since 3am this morning and not thinking too clearly.

So the rest of the journey in to work carries on uneventfully except for a security scare at Kings Cross as I'm travelling through it, and I'm back in at work now. Slightly more stressed than necessary thanks to the Jackass though.

Mind you, I was within less than a minute of pulling the communication cord (emergency stop) on the train, and that has to be worth *something*, right?

Cheers

S'mon

Legend
Aeson said:
Most of us Southerners are, but it seems to me you Brits have your tough side also.

I'm just getting around to reading this thread. I'm glad you all are all right.

Cheers. :) All us Anglo-Celtic cultures peoples are tough, aren't we? :lol:

kirinke

First Post
Humans are tough period. :)
And we Yanks still remember what the man said a while back. "Together we stand, or seperately we hang."

We'll be glad to lend a shoe so you guys can smack the cockroaches that did this. Though you have plenty of shoes, still. Tis the thought that counts. :]

Gah I'm rambling. Thoughts and prayers to all you Brits out there.

Zander

Explorer
The latest news is that police think that the Aldgate bomber died in the attack. The BBC speculates that all four were suicide bombings.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
I heard that they arrested one person awhile ago. Didn't catch more than that. But the do think at least several, if not all, might have been suicide bombinbs.

Why people are willing to blow themselves into oblivion is beyond my comprehension... :\

kirinke

First Post
Darth K'Trava said:
I heard that they arrested one person awhile ago. Didn't catch more than that. But the do think at least several, if not all, might have been suicide bombinbs.

Why people are willing to blow themselves into oblivion is beyond my comprehension... :\

They have a low sense of self-preservation? Must take alot, and I mean alot of brainwashing to get rid of that basic human instinct.

MonsterMash

First Post
Latest reports are that arrests of people in connection with the attacks have been made, but it appears that four people travelled to London who appear to have died in the attacks as suicide bombers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads