• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Extreme slowdowns?

Fobok

First Post
I wasn't here a lot during the D&DXP event, but I have been the last week, and every day, starting around noon and lasting late in the evening, this site has been slowing down quite a bit for me, though it seems to bounce to nearly reasonable to incredibly slow. Sometimes it takes up to two minutes to load a page or make a post.

doghead

thotd
Thornir Alekeg said:
I noticed the site was slow at responding to opening a page the past couple of days. My browser would give up after a while and tell me the server wasn't responding.

Once it starts to load the page it does fine.

I've started having this problem recently. Sometimes it loads up fine. Sometimes it takes ages to start, then loads fine. Sometimes I just get the 'server stopped responding' failure notice.

doghead
aka thotd

Bront

The man with the probe
I think we're hoping that the EW2 upgrade may resolve some speed issues as well by streamlining some of the inefficient and hodgepodge code. ~11 days to go before we see that though.

Ydars

Explorer
I see this slowdown all the time, and it doesn't really correlate with number of users online either. Oddly, it goes away if I re-boot my computer or my broadband modem and it isn't a simple internet problem as it doesn't affect other websites.

Michael Morris

First Post
Most of the time when I caught the exteme slowdowns it's because the spammers are at their non-sense again - so I reboot the machine to kick them off. Bastards.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Michael Morris said:
Most of the time when I caught the exteme slowdowns it's because the spammers are at their non-sense again - so I reboot the machine to kick them off. Bastards.
So have you got something in the new database to keep them at bay? Must be stresfull to play whack-a-mole with them all the time.

Bront

The man with the probe
Vempyre said:
Woa that must be a lot of spam trying to get through
Spam being sent from the server actualy.

I'm hoping the move to EW2 will let us upgrade the server on the software side. That's up to the admins if they want to do that though.

Michael Morris

First Post
Bront said:
Spam being sent from the server actualy.

I'm hoping the move to EW2 will let us upgrade the server on the software side. That's up to the admins if they want to do that though.
Oh we definitely want to. I'd do it now if half the scripts wouldn't break or were known not to contain holes that would get us reinfected in short order.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads