F. Wesley Schneider Is D&D's New Editor

Pathfinder designer F. Wesley Schneider has just started a new job as an editor for Dungeons & Dragons! He worked at Paizo from 2003, starting as assistant editor on Dragon magazine, became editor-in Chief, and left in 2017.

a6271851affb4a3699c3f897df1672ce_400x400.jpeg

Schneider announced his new position on Twitter, and lists "Editor for Dungeons & Dragons" in his Twitter bio.

Russ Morrissey

Comments

Aebir-Toril

Scion of Ceres
I don't like my Pathfinder and D&D in the same jar...

That's for goobers.

:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hey you got pathfinder in my D&D!
Well, he got D&D in his Pathfinder before he got Pathfinder in his D&D -- when he started at Paizo they were publishing Dragon Magazine for D&D 3.5. Pathfinder didn't even exist!

A

André Soares

Well, he got D&D in his Pathfinder before he got Pathfinder in his D&D -- when he started at Paizo they were publishing Dragon Magazine for D&D 3.5. Pathfinder didn't even exist!
Life is a circle, not a triangule, but a circle

LuisCarlos17f

Adventurer
Will we see an agreement between WotC and Paizo about the SRD and will Warlock, Blood Hunter and Dragonborn in PF and D&D with all no-core Pathfinder classes and races (inquisitor, alchemist, oracle, witch, gunslinger...)?

Will we see Critical Role with classes by Dreamscarred Press?

Gladius Legis

Explorer
Left in 2017. So he was most likely not responsible for the dumpster fire Pathfinder 2e is shaping up to be. That's a relief.

Wrathamon

Explorer
more white guys ...

At least they have a female designer on staff. Would have like to see more representation from other ethnic groups, but I get the "pool" is probably pretty small?

billd91

Hobbit on Quest
more white guys ...

At least they have a female designer on staff. Would have like to see more representation from other ethnic groups, but I get the "pool" is probably pretty small?
...yeah, he's a white guy.

On the other hand, he identifies as being in the LGBT community so it's not like he isn't bringing some diversity as well as a wealth of experience in the industry to the table.

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
Congratulations to Wes!
While I'm not all that familiar with the past Dragon or Dungeon magazines, I've liked his work with Paizo.

Here's hoping we'll see more horror in D&D going forward :D

Dausuul

Legend
Congratulations!

Glad to see that the D&D team is continuing to add staff (albeit slowly). That's a good sign for the game.

Advertisement

Advertisement