• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fall Angel

Bobitron

Explorer
mhacdebhandia said:
There may not be official, published rules from Wizards of the Coast on the matter, but Sean K. Reynolds wrote an excellent d20 supplement called Anger of Angels that deals with the topic, among many other things.

I want that pdf, looks like nice stuff. Thanks for the link.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Monavic devas, while weak compared to say a Solar or even a planetar, are probably well within playable right for a 16th level character. If you want to test her out, I'd say run her up against a 14th level EL/CR and see how that works out. I think fighter 6 is fine for her.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Venport said:
iNew Question: Same topic ish... what is the LA for a movanic Deva? is that Character from the magazine under powered for a 19th level party? Dose she need 2-3 level more of fighter ... (she is a movanic Deva fighter 6... any ideas???

Unfortunately, there is no listed LA for a movanic deva. Given that she has 6 hit dice, and 6 levels of Fighter, and is noted as being "a fair bit less powerful than the PCs". I'd say her level adjustment would be around +4.

Nightfall

So you think more Fighter level eh Al? I thought she'd be fine if she still had her spell-like abilities and such...

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Nightfall said:
So you think more Fighter level eh Al? I thought she'd be fine if she still had her spell-like abilities and such...

As she stands now, Nidrama probably would be able to hold her own among a group of 15th or 16th level PCs, but among a 19th level group, she will need more class levels, IMO.

Nightfall

Too bad she can't take paladin levels. That would help her out immensely.

Another option might be to give her levels in swashbuckler perhaps...but yeah more fighter levels is the way to go in a 19th level game.

clark411

First Post
Sharn: City of Towers has a fallen angel, called a Radiant Lord. It's got the greatsword of cool, has lost it's wings and cannot, by any means at all, obtain a fly speed again. In exchange for the pure thwomping power your average angel gets, it instead is able to give domain powers to those mortals who are tricked into believing it is a lesser god.

Nightfall

Clark,

Only trouble is, and now that I see where this thread is leading, radiant lords are evil primarily. I honestly don't see this working for a PC character. Anger of Angels is truly your best bet.

Voadam

Legend
Venport said:
What abiltys dose an Angel loose when they "Fall from Grace" or interfier when they have been told not to... So not dose an evil act or anything but go against their suppieriors? isten there rules for this somewhere?

Re-reading your original request, definitely the Complete Minions template where they are outcast but not empowered by the other side. They lose a lot of powers, gain a few, and have an overall lowering of their CR after the template is applied.

Nightfall

Is Complete minions available to download in PDF format? *wonders if maybe he should get since Bastion Press does good work...*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads