• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fall Ceramic Dm™ - Winner!

orchid blossom

Explorer
Herobizkit said:
I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but I can't help but wonder... how MUCH time would one have to post, or is it deliberately kept secret? I ask because my internet access is through my work, which is always on the graveyard shift (midnight - 8 am AST).

Hit the link in the first post, everything you need to know is there.

To answer your specific question, the standard is 72 hours to write your story from the moment the pictures go up. If you have a specific need (like only certain times you can get online) it can usually be accomodated.

Eeralai

First Post
Herobizkit said:
I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but I can't help but wonder... how MUCH time would one have to post, or is it deliberately kept secret? I ask because my internet access is through my work, which is always on the graveyard shift (midnight - 8 am AST).

LOL I am surprised the time limit is not in the FAQ! I read it twice and did not see it. Maybe BSF left it out in case it changed from time to time, but I assume this one is going to be the usual 72 hours.

Edit: Looks like Orchid Blossom was answering at the same time as me :)

Mythago, I retract my earlier request about signing up a freind of mine. Her situation has changed and she won't be able to do it. Sorry about that.

FireLance

Legend
Much as I would like to toss my hat into the ring, I will be going into a busy period at work so I'll give it a pass this time.

This also completes my increasingly embarrassing track record at Ceramic DM:

Autumn 2004: Lost in 3rd round.
Winter 2004: Lost in 2nd round.
Spring 2005: Lost in 1st round.
Autumn 2005: Out of the running even before the contest starts. :p

BSF

Explorer
Eeralai said:
LOL I am surprised the time limit is not in the FAQ! I read it twice and did not see it. Maybe BSF left it out in case it changed from time to time, but I assume this one is going to be the usual 72 hours.

Got it in one try. :D

Yes, it has generally been 72 hours for several contests now. But ther ehave been contests where it was a different time limit.

The factors that might change between contests were things I tried to avoid including in the FAQ as concrete facts.

Herobizkit said:
AST = Atlantic Standard Time?
If I am correct, that puts you 3 hours ahead of me and 4 hours ahead of Mythago. Mythago is the organizer this time so you would do well to ask her to post pics begtween 8:00 PM and 4:00 AM in her local time. You will also prefer not to have pics posted, or a story due, on your days off. Go ahead and ask! We generally try to be somewhat accomodating.

MavrickWeirdo said:
I'm tempted to sign up, but I hear that it might be addictive.
C'mon give it a try. It's only addictive if you like to have your brain warped and twisted in an attempt to put several disparate pictures into a cohesive story. :D

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
C'mon give it a try. It's only addictive if you like to have your brain warped and twisted in an attempt to put several disparate pictures into a cohesive story. :D

I suppose it would only be a problem if I did well, what are the chances of that? :uhoh:

but no, I have too much on my plate at the moment, maybe next time

Wild Gazebo

Explorer
I've got a pretty erratic schedule but I'd like to give it a try. When do we find out dates and times? I'll have to do some creative scheduling--but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to manage.

Count me in.

Maldur

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I'm gonna out-judge BSF and Maldur so badly that they'll make Wapner and Judy look like Supreme Court candidates. :p

Smack talk: Not just for contestants anymore!

But at least the contestants dont have to wait two weeks for my judgement :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads