Fall TV Cheat Sheet, Renewals and Cancelations...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Uh. Stargate? You're mistaken there.
<snip>
Before UPN merged with WB to form CW it also had a decent list of SciFi shows under its belt.

Ooops! Yep- my bad on the Stargate.

As for the rest, not only did I personally watch almost all of those shows on Fox (for at least one episode), here's a list (scroll down a bit):

List of programs broadcast by Fox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are also some on that list that could have been classified Sci-Fi but were placed under another category, like Kindred, the Embraced and New Amsterdam.

I also forgot to mention Woops! which was a post-apocalyptic sitcom that was truly a disaster in and of itself...Swamp Thing, Futurama, Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot, Astroboy, and the brilliant Adventures of Briscoe County, Jr.

And UPN did have its share of sci-fi too- like Jake 2.0 (sort of a n update of the $6M Man, and presaging Chuck), as did channels like TNT and USA...but not nearly as much as Fox.

Besides, none of those 3 are or were considered to be legitimate network TV compainies.

Last edited:

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Ooops! Yep- my bad on the Stargate.

As for the rest, not only did I personally watch almost all of those shows on Fox (for at least one episode), here's a list (scroll down a bit):

List of programs broadcast by Fox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are also some on that list that could have been classified Sci-Fi but were placed under another category, like Kindred, the Embraced and New Amsterdam.

I also forgot to mention Woops! which was a post-apocalyptic sitcom that was truly a disaster in and of itself...Swamp Thing, Futurama, Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot, Astroboy, and the brilliant Adventures of Briscoe County, Jr.

And UPN did have its share of sci-fi too- like Jake 2.0 (sort of a n update of the $6M Man, and presaging Chuck), as did channels like TNT and USA...but not nearly as much as Fox.

Besides, none of those 3 are or were considered to be legitimate network TV compainies.

Man, I LOVED Jake 2.0. There was also Special Unit 2, Knowhere Man, The Sentinel, the train wreck that was Homeboys from Outerspace and quite a few others that i can't remember. Team Knight Rider was on UPN though I think that was syndicated.

Actually there was an episode of Jake 2.0 where they very subtly hinted that it was a sequal to Six Million Dollar Man.

Anywho, UPN was a full fledged network. It just didn't have the amount of history behind it that NBC, CBS, ABC and even Fox (the youngest at the time) did.

Anywho, I've read on a few blog posts at io9 that Knight Rider might find life on Syfy or Spike. I really hope that pans out.

Edit: Can't forget one of my favorite Sci-Fi Network shows of all time.....7 Days. That show was awesome! I wish it would have gotten more then 1.5 seasons.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Can't forget one of my favorite Sci-Fi Network shows of all time.....7 Days. That show was awesome! I wish it would have gotten more then 1.5 seasons.

Your turn- 7 Days was originally a UPN show! And it actually lasted 3 seasons.

I also enjoyed Special Unit 2 and was ticked to see it fade away.

I do kind of wish that Sci-Fi was more like Showtime or HBO, so we could see uncensored versions of shows like Lexx, though, or made-for-Sci-Fi movies that felt more like real movies as opposed to extremely long episodes of shows I didn't watch...

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Also a huge fan of Special Unit 2 and 7 Days. I think I still have a pertinent link regarding SU2 in my sig...unless the bastards took away my happiness since last I looked...

As for the thread topic, Chuck was the only show on that list I watch, so...I'm happy. It would be nice to know for sure already that there'll be a season 4 of Burn Notice, but season 3 doesn't even start until June 4th, so I'm getting ahead of myself. :)

EDIT: Still there! All 19 episodes! Yay!

Darth Shoju

First Post
Well it looks like I'll be watching a lot less TV next year. What I was watching:

Flashpoint (hopefully it will still be shown up here)
The Unit (glad that it kind of wrapped things up at the end of this season)
My Name is Earl (here's hoping it gets picked up by Fox or ABC)
Reaper (the plot was really meandering this season, but it was still a fun watch)

Whatever happens I'll probably get all the seasons of Earl and the Unit on DVD. But I guess I'll have more time to read now, which is a good thing.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases