• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen World (Mature, Dark)

Nephtys

First Post
"I heard something too, my Lady." The other guard answers, drawing his weapon. "Really Enias, how could you not?" "Too busy spying on his betters to do his job, I suppose." The younger sister comments acidly. The other one hisses in irritation. "Hush and come with me, sister. There's something out there. Guards, stay here and guard our backs."

... I'm writing up the combat later...

Nephtys

First Post
The two elves walk forwards, weapons ready to strike when Mystic steps out of the shadows and unleashes his potent spells. The older sister suddenly cries out in horror, her eyes bulging with pure fear, before she pulls herself together with a shudder (failed will, made fort). The younger sister shakes off the Mystics Hold and charges him, shouting to the guards behind her, "Sound the alarm, these enemies are beyond you." (made will save) With a graceful twirling maneuver she drives her slim blade into the side of her target the second after Ysande releases her spell of Haste. (Mystic -18 hp)

Initiative:
Y sister
Aeryk
Canthan
O sister
Mystic
Ysande
William
Big
Kaj
Guard

WarlockLord

First Post
Elf Chick said:
"Sound the alarm, these enemies are beyond you."
I
"D*** straight!" says the man dressed as a stage magician, moving away from the elves. Figuring Aeryk can take down the fleeing guard, he fires an enervation at the older elf who was affected by his spell. He is, however, worried by his foes' resilience to magic and had hoped to end the battle quickly.
[sblock=OOC]
Ranged Touch Attack: +7 (1d20+7=12)
# of negative levels bestowed: 1d4=3
[/sblock]

Gli'jar

First Post
"I will not be mocked. I will be hailed for my duty, you will be laughed at as you lie dead at my feet." Canthan cries out as he quickly speaks the arcane component of his spell. Switching his dead body with that of the live guard. [sblock=ooc] Cast on the defensive +18, DC 16, Spell Baleful Transposition will save DC 23 Switch the dead canthan with my companion the live guard.

I will be away visiting family from Thursday to Monday. With all likelihood I will not have internet access.[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
ooc:
We have a lot of missing players. Some of you are probably just very busy, but others have likely grown bored with the game and aren't likely to come back. Honestly, I'm getting a little bored myself. DMing is more demanding than I thought, and my writing has been pretty weak lately. This game (and I as a DM) has failed to live up to its promises. It's really no darker or more mature than any other game on these boards, and maybe that's because I've been afraid of introducing certain themes and pulled my punches too much in and out of combat. Maybe I've just been lazy and treated the Demonlords as just any old mortal tyrannical royalty. Maybe turning the game into a dungeoncrawl and thereby ignoring the more interesting and complex aspects of the setting was a mistake (again because of lazyness) Ah, whatever.
I have two options, either shake things up and rerecruit new players, or end the game prematurely. So, WarlockLord, Gli'jar, and whoever else is reading this, what do you say? Is there any reason to continue? Do any of you enjoy the game, or are you just posting from politeness?

Dire Lemming

First Post
I know I'm not currently a player, but I just wanted to say that I've been following the game and it's consistently left me feeling disturbed after reading it. Though of course that makes me want to play in the game so that my character could make an effort to avert some of these disturbing events from happening.

In other words, if you do decide to continue running it and recruit new players, consider me interested.

Autumn

First Post
OOC: For my part, I'm still reading and interested. The recent lack of posting comes partly from holiday slowdown (none of my other games have been moving much faster), and partly from confusion on my part as to the intiative order.

As for how the game has been? I admit that the dungeoncrawl element feels like a slight missed opportunity to me, but that's just my own opinion. Ysande is really the only one of the characters made for intrigue over dungeoneering, so I wouldn't expect you to cater to my tastes rather than everybody else's. As it is, I've still really been enjoying the game, and I'm eager to continue. As for the elements of darkness... I feel they've been done justice. I don't feel we've plumbed the depths of what a demonic tyranny has to offer, but neither do I feel we've been mollycoddled so far.

In short, I'd say hang in there, you're doing great. And don't give up on your players yet, many people will be knocked off their posting schedules by Christmas.

WarlockLord

First Post
OOC: Still fun. I'm having a blast. Mystic still hasn't figured out a way to topple the demonlords, but we haven't found the artifact yet. I don't mind if you get new players, I have a friend who might be interested.

Dungeoncrawl is okay. This isn't exactly 'happytown funland', i.e., the dark host is ok. I'm having fun.

Remove ads