• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen World (Mature, Dark)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Still interested

I wasn't picked up for inital roster and right now I couldn't play, but I still read and find it interseting. Writing is good and I believe it's just holiday lull.

Keep it up.

Gli'jar

First Post
I am enjoying the game. The holidays are throwing things off a bit. Initiative order is a bit troublesome at times, relying on those at the head to post so we can reliably post sequential actions that would logically follow but isn't that always the case.

Bloosquig

First Post
I agree with the above posters. The game is just slow due to the holidays. I was waiting for init. order to post my actions and then got caught in the holiday family merry-go-round at my in-laws where I have no internet connection. :eek:

Nephtys

First Post
ooc:
Thanks, and a merry demonic christmas to you all ;). I've been under a bit of stress lately and I guess I let it get to me. The game will go on. I was waiting for Aeryk's action, but I guess it's pretty straightforward. I'll post his action and Canthan's and then the Older Sister and Mystic.
(Canthan, You're swapping places with the corpse, right? Leaving the dead body of the guard lying where you were standing. Does the spell apply to objects, or is it creatures only? If it does work on objects, do you create an illusion of yourself as the dead guard with wounds and all or a live one? :heh: )
Feel free to post even if it's not your initiative, you can always edit the post before I write up the round if the actions of other players ahead of you in the order change what you were going to do.
Neurotic and Dire Lemming, please write up your PCs in the ooc thread and we'll see when they can be introduced.

Well, ahem, sorry for clogging up the IC thread with my ooc bitching. Back to the game :)
-

IC:
Aeryk strikes with the speed of a shadow and with just as much effect, his sword glancing harmlessly off the beautiful young elven maidens exquisite mithral armour. (move and attack, miss)
Canthan cries out, raising a surprised eyebrow on the older sister and a frightened grimace on the guard as he trades places with the corpse bearing Canthans true face.
The older sister concentrates, her eyes flashing with green fire as she calls forth a wall of stone splitting the attacking forces in half.
Her smug smile vanishes when Mystic's necromantic beam strikes her arm, visibly draining her power. "You will pay for that, demonslave. I will send your soul back to your mistress in shreds."

Aeryk, Canthan, Mystic and Big are on the gatewards side of the Wall with the elves. The others are cut off by a Wall of Stone.

Bloosquig

First Post
Big roars out and charges the weakened older sister and swings out heavily with his immense axe before his jaws snap forward at her neck.

[sblock=ooc] lion's charge torward the older sister and perform a full attack. I'll expend my psionic focus to use greater psi weapon with the first attack as well. Rolls for attacks are:

35 doing 42 dam.

2nd hasted full attack strike hits with a 24 doing 31 dam.

3rd and final axe strike hits a 26 doing 21 dam.

Finally Big's bite hits a 16 and if that actually hits does 19

Full hp (6 subdual)
51/63 PP
Camouflage spell up (1~ hours remaining)
Inertial Barrier up (2~ hours remaining)
Bite of Wolf up (12 minutes~ remaining)
Haste (no clue what duration Ysande's haste spell has)

AC: 26 (22 + 2 haste + 2 profane bonus (if that still applies))

[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"Shadows of hell!" William curses as he's cut off from his companions. He looks around feebly for a way past the wall for a moment, then sighs and decides that the easiest way may just be going straight through. Closing his eyes, he focuses on a point beyond the wall - imagining it as mere paper tearing before his divine power - And when his eyes open, he slams his holy staff forwards, driving it repeatedly into the stone, sending chunks flying.

OOC:
I'm still here, and I've been enjoying the game (I'm liking playing the 'dark' paladin in an even darker group), but as others, have been extremely busy (Though for me it's not only b/c of the holidays).

[sblock=Combat]
Full Power Attack Flurry vs the wall(4 attacks) Attacks: +5/+5/+0/-5 Damage 1d6+34(-hardness).
**A stone wall has hardness 8 and 15 HP/inch of thickness, so on avg I should be able to break through/smash in a 5' section if it's 8 inches thick or less, and I think I need a nat 1 to miss the wall**
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gli'jar

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Nephtys said:
ooc:
(Canthan, You're swapping places with the corpse, right? Leaving the dead body of the guard lying where you were standing. Does the spell apply to objects, or is it creatures only? If it does work on objects, do you create an illusion of yourself as the dead guard with wounds and all or a live one? :heh: )

Canthan cries out, raising a surprised eyebrow on the older sister and a frightened grimace on the guard as he trades places with the corpse bearing Canthans true face.

Aeryk, Canthan, Mystic and Big are on the gatewards side of the Wall with the elves. The others are cut off by a Wall of Stone.

In the spells description, targets are listed as two creatures up to large size. Since it did not mention whether they had to be live or dead I figured the 'dead Canthan' as a valid target. In reference to objects within the text of the spell it states that objects carried by creatures go but others creatures do not (carried creatures). The storyline as presented describes what I had hoped would happen, the dead Canthan switching places with the live guard. My intent was to get the live guard away from me and remove the threat of alarm. Hopefully it worked :] ?? No illusions are created by the spell. I assume I still look like a guard and the dead guard which looks like the true Canthan lies near me while the live guard which stood next to me is in melee.[/sblock]

Bloosquig

First Post
[sblock=ooc] This Canthan switching is reminding me more and more of one of those bad sitcom episodes where people look alike and get mixed up somehow and everyone goes nuts trying to figure out which is which. :D [/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
[sblock]ooc: So the real Canthan is still standing by the gate, and the living guard is in the middle of the melee on the gate-wards side of the wall. (?)[/sblock]

WarlockLord

First Post
Older Elf Chick said:
"You will pay for that, demonslave. I will send your soul back to your mistress in shreds."

Mystic smiles chillingly. "Demonslave? Oh, no. I serve greater and more terrible powers still than the forces you know as hell." He casts another spell at the elf woman, intending to turn her into a toad.
OOC: Baleful Polymorph DC 22.

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
0- detect magic (2), light, cure minor wounds,
1- bless, snake's swiftness, silent image, charm person, CLW (2)
2- hold person, silence, mirror image, align fang, augury, mirror image,
3- dispel magic, invisibility purge, haste, suggestion, lightning bolt
4- (5 used)
5-summon monster V, (3 used),
6- magic jar, (2 used)
7-greater teleport, summon monster VII
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads