Fan Submitted Reviews?

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
That was me. Why? Unless it's the word "fan" -- that probably should be "user-submitted." I'll fix that, but if there's another issue here, let me know.

Nick

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Actually, it should just read "New reviews in...". Takes care of that whole issue. If that's what you're getting at. :)

Nick

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Hiya Nick! Just this time or are you the one that usually adds them? (Not a semantics thing)

Old Fezziwig

Hey, Mark. :) It's hard to say. johnsemlak used to do them regularly, I think, and Krug's done them as well. So, no, not usually, although I think Tav's point in the other thread is well-taken, and I'll try to help john and Krug out on them.

Nick

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I see them all the time and never knew who was in charge of them. Imagine my disappointment when the SRD 3.5 Revised got a 5 star review last week -

http://www.enworld.org/reviews/index.php?sub=yes&where=active&reviewer=Trainz&product=PSRB

- and no update appeared. Especially newsworthy, I had thought, since it was the fifth review for the product and debuted on the all time top rated pdfs list tied for number three -

http://www.enworld.org/reviews/top20.php?p=1&c=pdf

It's a shame, IMO, when I see not only news items but forum threads begun by newshounds for companies that have no problems at all catching the eye of the public, but a little company like my own has perhaps its biggest moment yet and the news goes unheralded.

Any chance the little guys can get a little more attention so they have the chance to someday, perhaps, become one of the big guys? :)

Old Fezziwig

That would be disappointing. I'll make sure that the newest reviews in the guide are posted each time I post if John or Krug haven't gotten to them first. You can always PM me, too, or submit a scoop if there's something you want to see in the news, and I'll take care of it.

Nick

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Mark, your best bet, when there's a news item you want mentioned, is to submit a scoop rather than hoping someone notices. That way, you can be sure of it appearing, because the newshounds check the news item submissions daily. :)

Remove ads