FANTASY AGE Can Now Be YOURS!

Green Ronin's Fantasy AGE roleplaying game is alive! You can now pick up the PDF version of the 144-page full-colour book, or you can pre-order the hardback. Written by Chris Pramas, Fantasy AGE is, of course, the system powering Wil Wheaton's Titansgrave show. The game uses Green Ronin's AGE (Adventure Game Engine), which is also found in their Dragon Age and upcoming Blue Rose RPGs.

Green Ronin's Fantasy AGE roleplaying game is alive! You can now pick up the PDF version of the 144-page full-colour book, or you can pre-order the hardback. Written by Chris Pramas, Fantasy AGE is, of course, the system powering Wil Wheaton's Titansgrave show. The game uses Green Ronin's AGE (Adventure Game Engine), which is also found in their Dragon Age and upcoming Blue Rose RPGs.

"The Fantasy AGE Basic Rulebook is your entry point to tabletop roleplaying. Now you can be the hero in your own sword and sorcery adventures! This is the game played on Wil Wheaton’s new tabletop RPG show, Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana. The Adventure Game Engine (AGE) rules are easy to learn, and feature an innovative stunt system that keeps the action tense and exciting. This Basic Rulebook includes full 20 level advancement for all three classes, a new magic system, advice for players and GMs, and an introductory adventure so you can get started right away. You can use Fantasy AGE to run adventures in the campaign setting of your choice or a world of your own creation. A new AGE is upon us!"

The PDF is $15.99, or $5 if you pre-order the hardcover as well.

GRR6001_450_1024x1024.jpg

In other Green Ronin news, the Blue Rose RPG Kickstarter ends in 4 days. It funded early in the campaign, and is now blasting through stretch goals, the latest of which is a GM screen featuring the art of Stephanie Pui-mun Law. Blue Rose is billed as an inclusive game of romantic fantasy.

Sadly I won't be getting the pre-order print and PDF, with shipping starting at $50 and finishing here: UPS Saver (1 business day) $394.48.

A bit steep for a $30 book! Green Ronin used to have good shipping costs :(

Ah well hopefully it will be out on Amazon (or Noble Knight, they're good too) soon enough.

Wraith Form

Explorer
I continue to be amazed that GR forces those who buy physical copies of their products to PAY for PDF copies, instead of granting them for free as most other companies do.

turkeygiant

First Post
Sadly I won't be getting the pre-order print and PDF, with shipping starting at $50 and finishing here: UPS Saver (1 business day) $394.48.

A bit steep for a $30 book! Green Ronin used to have good shipping costs :(

Ah well hopefully it will be out on Amazon (or Noble Knight, they're good too) soon enough.

Green Ronin has crazy pricey shipping and I don't know why. None of the other publishers of a similar size charge as much as they do. I ended up pulling out of their Blue Rose kickstarter because they wouldn't give an estimate on the shipping they were going to charge a year from now. With what they charge in their established store there was no way I was going to go in blind.
I will just wait until I can get the book from my local shop via a distributor.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Not USPS setting that high a rate, that's GR hiking up the shipping and HANDLING part of it.
a book that size, $5 media mail, 7 for priority. 144 pages doesn't weigh much, unlike the pathfinder core but even that would be less then $10 via usps

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
I'd would have been interested in this, if we didn't have 5e
Feeling the same way. Im so in love with 5e that I feel like investing in a new system is too much trouble. As much as I would love to invest in Blue Rose I see a renaissance of games being released and soon with the OGL I imagine even more. Gonna stick to my one true love for now.

turkeygiant

First Post
Not USPS setting that high a rate, that's GR hiking up the shipping and HANDLING part of it.
a book that size, $5 media mail, 7 for priority. 144 pages doesn't weigh much, unlike the pathfinder core but even that would be less then $10 via usps

Yeah the rate for just about any book from any other publisher is about $10-$12 in my experience. In the kickstarter comments GR said that other companies are probably subsidizing the shipping out of their own pockets, but that just begs the question if everyone else has made that part of their business model what sets you apart.

Remove ads

Remove ads