• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fantasy Concepts: An OGL Fantasy Saga Project

Flynn

First Post
Thanks for asking, Graylion. I am still on schedule to release the PDF by November 17th. The POD will follow as quickly as I can. Lulu requires that I order a copy and approve it first, before they will release it to the public, so that can take a little longer due to shipping and the like.

Expect to see an announcement about the release in the publications forum on either Friday or Saturday, as well as a post here to link to that announcement. (I am given to understand that it would be inappropriate to announce a direct link to the product in this thread, and I appreciate ENWorld moderators for allowing us to discuss this project here to the level that we have done so.)

More Later,
Flynn

Flynn

First Post
A Quick Update:

Currently, without artwork, the raw PDF of the Fantasy Concepts rules weighs in at 100 page (not including a cover). I'm still doing work on it, but it appears that the final product, if artless, will probably be around this page count.

If I introduce art, it'll be closer to the 110-120 page count range, but may take longer to put together.

At that page count, I'm currently thinking that the PDF will sell for around $8, as that seems to be in keeping with the price of non-adventure PDFs, and definitely less than the established publishers at this page count. That also means that the POD will likely be around $14-$15.

I'll continue to keep you guys informed as things move along,
Flynn

graylion

First Post
Reasonable

Very reasonable.

as long as there is formatting, bold, ect. I am ok with a pdf that does not have art. However it would be great to have art later. I am a fan of spped first and art later if this is an option.

Regards

Gwarh

Explorer
graylion said:
Very reasonable.

as long as there is formatting, bold, ect. I am ok with a pdf that does not have art. However it would be great to have art later. I am a fan of spped first and art later if this is an option.

Regards

I feel the same. I'd rather have it out now, and buy a copy with Art later. Just use some medieval looking font for the headings and page numbers and your set more or less.

Whereas I must agree that I could do without art for the PDF. I would be willing to pay for the product in it's current state so that I start using the system. I of course will also be purchasing the POD once available and the art will definately be inthat product.

Cheers!

Flynn

First Post
Sounds great, guys! Look for it to be released this evening or tomorrow morning directly from the Samardan Press storefront. (See my signature for a URL.)

Big Finger Games has graciously given me their blessing to move forward with the PDF, and I would like to thank them for their kindness and support throughout this entire project. I would also especially like to thank Jeremy Forbing, aka "EditorBFG", for his inspirations and contributions in this process. Jeremy, I definitely enjoyed working with you on this project, and I look forward to the possibility of future collaborative efforts. I'm sorry that life has hit you so hard of late, but judging by the quality of your past works, I'm sure it won't be long before you're bouncing back and putting out more good stuff.

Guys, please take a moment to check out Jeremy's work at Big Finger Games, as well as the other fine gaming products you can find there.

More Later,
Flynn

Nine Hands

Explorer
Flynn said:
I can't really offer peanuts, but if we take advantage of your offer, how does your name in the Credits and a free copy of the final PDF product sound? ;)

We'll talk more if we need to call on you, and thanks for offering.

With Regards,
Flynn

Sounds good to me :)

Flynn

First Post
Oldtimer said:
According to my world clock it's 10 in the morning in Austin, TX. Am I the only one eagerly refreshing my browser at http://stores.lulu.com/samardanpress? :heh:

I'm still pulling the PDF together. I found a few layout issues this morning, corrected them, and am now regenerating the PDF. Sadly, it takes an hour to do so, since I'm generating the bookmarks as well. I just hope this is the last trip through... :)

I will post something here when it is available, so by all means, keep your eye on this thread for the notice. :)

With Regards,
Flynn

GEEKAZOID

First Post
I'm very upset. I've selected instant notification for new posts to this thread yet received none. Must be blocked by my IP as spam. I come back and find much has passed.

So it is probably too late to chime in for the "thanks" portion, if I am deseving of such, or to offer my services as an illustrator for your project. (Check out my growing online portfolio at http://geministranger.deviantart.com/.)

I look forward to your finished work.

Remove ads