WotBS Fantasy Grounds Maps

ratzofftoya

Explorer
Hi folks,

I made the mistake of going all in to FG before realizing that WotBS is available as a module on Roll20. So now I have a lot of work to do! Has anyone taken the maps generously provided by the team and turned them into FG maps? What's the process like? In addition, there are lots of other potential maps for the first adventure--street encounter, safehouse, and others. Has anyone made maps for these. It looks like the Roll20 adventure #1 comes with 9 maps! Any way purchasers of the adventure on DriveThru or other sources could get high-res versions of all 9 maps?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There are FG modules of adventures 1-8, but I think they're the 4E versions.

As for the maps themselves, we've uploaded everything we have here. We don't have any other versions of them, unfortunately!

I don't know what's involved with a FG vs. a Roll20 map. I assumed they were just maps, but that probably just shows my ignorance.

Tormyr

Adventurer
Maps should be available in the FG modules on the site, although I don't actually know what is in them. I think they were someone's home campaign that they repackaged. Most of the maps are also available on the maps page of that site. If you set them up from scratch, the main issue is getting the grid to line up. The older maps were hand drawn, and it takes a few minutes to get one properly set up on a VTT.

The Roll20 versions of the adventures have "extra" maps for most of those small encounters (street, safehouse, etc.).

ratzofftoya

Explorer
There are FG modules of adventures 1-8, but I think they're the 4E versions.

As for the maps themselves, we've uploaded everything we have here. We don't have any other versions of them, unfortunately!

I don't know what's involved with a FG vs. a Roll20 map. I assumed they were just maps, but that probably just shows my ignorance.

I think the Roll20 version has many more maps, at least for adventure 1. That resources page only has 3 available; there are 9 in Roll20.

unfortunately, these modules don’t appear to be compatible with the current version of FG...

ratzofftoya

Explorer
Maps should be available in the FG modules on the site, although I don't actually know what is in them. I think they were someone's home campaign that they repackaged. Most of the maps are also available on the maps page of that site. If you set them up from scratch, the main issue is getting the grid to line up. The older maps were hand drawn, and it takes a few minutes to get one properly set up on a VTT.

The Roll20 versions of the adventures have "extra" maps for most of those small encounters (street, safehouse, etc.).

I wouldnt say MOST maps are available. The first adventure has 9 encounters, but only 3 maps are available...roll20 has all 9.

ratzofftoya

Explorer
I did a little "audit" :) and concluded that the main maps in Roll20 that are missing from the WotBS site are Gabal's School and the Gauntlet. Any way we can get high-res versions of those for purchasers of the PDF, at least? Also, a non-tiled version of the other maps would be great but...beggars can't be choosers! It just sorta rankles me that the maps are available on Roll20 but not to purchasers of the PDF on DriveThru. For context, I think 5E is the fourth version of WotBS I've purchased. :)

Tormyr

Adventurer
I did a little "audit" :) and concluded that the main maps in Roll20 that are missing from the WotBS site are Gabal's School and the Gauntlet. Any way we can get high-res versions of those for purchasers of the PDF, at least? Also, a non-tiled version of the other maps would be great but...beggars can't be choosers! It just sorta rankles me that the maps are available on Roll20 but not to purchasers of the PDF on DriveThru. For context, I think 5E is the fourth version of WotBS I've purchased. :)
Gabal's school of war is on the maps page.

The "map" of the gauntlet was more a piece of artwork to look like Renard's plans than a real map (because it would be massive). I have recently made a map and uploaded it to the WotBS errata page.

ratzofftoya

Explorer
Gabal's school of war is on the maps page.

The "map" of the gauntlet was more a piece of artwork to look like Renard's plans than a real map (because it would be massive). I have recently made a map and uploaded it to the WotBS errata page.
Thank you so much for your work and for the clarification!

Remove ads