Fantasy Grounds Top RPGs (Last 12 Months)

Fantasy Grounds has sent along its latest figures for RPG rulesets used in the last 12 months. 5E dominates with 70%, of course (up by 1%); Pathfinder 2E has snuck onto the chart at 6th place (though it's only been available for a couple of months), and Starfinder has taken 4th place.

RulesetUsage2016Q4_26805_image002.png

RulesetUsage2014_17990_image002.png

As always, "MoreCore" is FG's default generic module used when there isn't a specific game package available.

Russ Morrissey

Comments

dave2008

Legend
Hmmm. I don't know what MoreCore is, but isn't it technically 6th place (17936) over PF2e (16,149)? I say technically because it is only a month or so before that changes I'm sure.

PS. Thank you as always for sharing!

dave2008

Legend
Also, is there official support for PF2e for Fantasy Grounds yet or is this all used input at this point?

Dragonbait

Explorer
Interesting that Cypher system had some big numbers then dropped off significantly, if I'm reading this correctly

lowkey13

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Charts like this really hammer home the dominance of D&D.

5e, PF (a 3e clone/expansion), 3.5e, and SFRPG (PF ... IN SPACE!) dominate.

And then, for other, PF2, AD&D, and 4e all have prominent positions.

Really, it's flavors of D&D with a special appearance by Savage Worlds.

Parmandur

Legend
Charts like this really hammer home the dominance of D&D.

5e, PF (a 3e clone/expansion), 3.5e, and SFRPG (PF ... IN SPACE!) dominate.

And then, for other, PF2, AD&D, and 4e all have prominent positions.

Really, it's flavors of D&D with a special appearance by Savage Worlds.
Don't forget Call of Cthulhu! Thought your point stands.

lowkey13

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Don't forget Call of Cthulhu! Thought your point stands.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

In relating the circumstances which have led to my posting on enworld, I am aware that my present position and Catra avatar will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.

It is an unfortunate fact that the bulk of humanity is too limited in its mental vision to weigh with patience and intelligence those isolated phenomena, seen and felt only by a psychologically sensitive few, which lie outside its common experience. Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal; that all things appear as they do only by virtue of the delicate individual physical and mental media through which we are made conscious of them; but the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism.

I cannot forget Cthulhu, much as I might wish to, for madness rides the star-wind, with claws and teeth sharpened on centuries of corpses, dripping death astride a bacchanal of bats from nigh-black ruins of buried temples of Belial.

Forget Cthulhu? That is a consummation devoutly to be wish'd.

dragoner

Dying in Chargen
D&D is the big dog, however, it just means that D&D does a lot of things right, maybe not to my personal tastes (classes, leveling), except I understand why.

In Our Store!

Advertisement

Latest threads

Advertisement