• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fantasy Racial Statistics Poll

Which Option Best Describes Your Party?

• A Good Balance of Every Core Race

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • A Good Balance of Every Core Race + One Monster Player Character

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • A Good Balance of Every Core Race + A Few Monster Player Characters

• A Good Balance of Humans, Elves, Half-Elves, & Dwarves

• All or Mostly Dwarves

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • All or Mostly Elves and/or Half-Elves

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • All or Mostly Gnomes

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • All or Mostly Half-Orcs

• All or Mostly Halflings

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • All or Mostly Humans

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • All or Mostly Monster Player Characters

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Mostly Humans & Other

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Mostly Humans & Half-Orcs

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Mostly Humans & Elves or Half-Elves

Votes: 36 13.2%
  • Mostly Humans & Dwarves

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • Mostly Elves or Half-Elves & Other

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Mostly Elves or Half-Elves & Half-Orcs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly Elves or Half-Elves & Dwarves

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mostly Dwarves & Half-Orcs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly Dwarves & Other

1 Elf, 1 Half-elf, 1 human, and 1 dwarf. The women in my group have a predilection for Elves. The engineer has a predilection for options. And our fourth has a predilection for beer. They're all newbies, so they're not exactly stretching themselves. Sticking to cliches, mainly.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I notice that humans continue to dominate the game.
I have tried to equalize out the huge advantages of extra feat and skills by
requireing a regional background feat and extra skill choice- wheel of time.
almost all background feats are +2/+2 skill adds.

still in 2 campaigns
2 elves fighter, F/W/Eldrich Knight
1 halfling psion
1 assimar cleric
7 humans

Mr. Kaze

First Post
Current party is 3 humans, a half elf and a troll (that was raised by one of the humans and his now deceased human brother).

We always take a session at the beginning of a campaign to make sure that we've got a nice solid party story so that we're not having PCs implicitly trust random drunks that they picked up at the local tavern with their lives and loot. This tends to steer things towards playing humans because they're the dominant species (and the most morally free-wheeling) IMC, so we can put humans almost anywhere in the story and make it fit.

::Kaze (notes that a 30-point buy troll is more than a bit overpowering as a party tank... cuts down on combat opportunities for other PCs)

Mr. Kaze

First Post
Current party is 3 humans, a half elf and a troll (that was raised by one of the humans and his now deceased human brother).

We always take a session at the beginning of a campaign to make sure that we've got a nice solid party story so that we're not having PCs implicitly trust random drunks that they picked up at the local tavern with their lives and loot. This tends to steer things towards playing humans because they're the dominant species (and the most morally free-wheeling) IMC, so we can put humans almost anywhere in the story and make it fit.

::Kaze (notes that a 30-point buy troll is more than a bit overpowering as a party tank... cuts down on combat opportunities for other PCs)

Only Humans or Elves in both the games I am involved with now.

I'm not sure why anyone would choose half-elf in 3.X - not much in terms of racial advantages there.

diaglo

Adventurer
BigFreekinGoblinoid said:
I'm not sure why anyone would choose half-elf in 3.X - not much in terms of racial advantages there.

b/c not all gamers are powergamers. ;)

in the current group... story hour in my sig.

1 halfling
1 kobold
1 gnome
1 elf
1 half-human
1 human

we need a dwarf... :uhoh:

Arnwyn

First Post
5 humans and 1 moon elf IMC (thus, "all or almost all humans").

It's pretty much always been that way, even through previous editions. Of course, I've made my FR campaign very much humanocentric, which is what I prefer. I have apparently done a very good job of it, as humans have always dominated the PC parties throughout the editions.

diaglo said:
b/c not all gamers are powergamers. ;)

in the current group... story hour in my sig.

1 halfling
1 kobold
1 gnome
1 elf
1 half-human
1 human

we need a dwarf... :uhoh:

There is a BIG difference between being a powergamer and a sucker :lol: . What is the other half of the half human in your game?

diaglo

Adventurer
BigFreekinGoblinoid said:
There is a BIG difference between being a powergamer and a sucker :lol: . What is the other half of the half human in your game?

the topic of our talk. half-elf.

he is a ranger with elf as his favored enemy. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads