Farewell, my Friend

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
well, on the bright side, anyone who compiles lists of things from Dragon and Dungeon can take a long, well-deserved rest. ;)

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Wanted to chime in here with my thoughts as well. Thank you all for your individual and collective efforts to make both of these magazines as creative, useful, and fun as you did over the years, and for jumping in to save them from the chopping block way back when.

Mostly, though, thanks for all the Bargle! :)

CaptainTrips

Explorer
Thanks Paizo!

Thanks to all of the folks at Paizo, plus the people that contributed articles, for making Dragon and Dungeon even better.

I have read Dragon since around issue #13, and subscribed off and on (depending on how involved in gaming I was) since the early 80s. I was about to subscribe again to both magazines a few months ago, when I found out that Wizards of the Coast had pulled back the licenses and cancelled the print versions of both magazines. :(

I have instead subscribed to Pathfinder. I like what I have seen at the Paizo Pathfinder web site, and liked what I heard at the Origins seminar. And best of all, many of the same people that worked on Dragon and Dungeon recently will be involved with Pathfinder. :)

I would also like to thank everyone who ever contributed to the great content in Dragon and Dungeon - during the TSR, WotC, and Paizo tenures. I will greatly miss (the print versions of) these magazines.

replicant2

First Post
Okay, so I was one of those people who should have supported Dragon and Dungeon with a subscription. I didn't have one. That said, I'm still going to miss these magazines a lot.

I subscribed to Dragon back in the 1E to 2E days and still have all my old copies. When my desire to game dried up, I stopped subscribing (and playing) altogether. But when 3E came back and Paizo took over running these mags, my interest was rekindled. I bought several individual issues and loved them all, particularly the great Greyhawk maps that ran over four issues.

So great work Paizo, and I'll certainly miss these great old voices of our game.

WampusCat43

Explorer
You guys kept me in the game when you took over, and have saved me countless hours since then. I probably wouldn't be playing if it wasn't for your hard work and enthusiasm. I'll be a solid supporter of your new efforts. Walk proud!

I would also like to express my gratitude.

Dragon and Dungeon served as both forum and proving ground for wonderfully creative ideas. Accepting the finest submissions from professionals and dabblers alike, these publications provided a critically important space for the game to evolve ... and they did so with panache. Yes, these beautiful journals made my favorite game better and better.

Thank you. Your efforts are appreciated.

coyote6

Adventurer
So long Dungeon & Dragon, and thanks for all the fish.

Erik Mona said:
Stick around a while. You will not be disappointed.

If you guys post a wallpaper version of this, it'll be "mission accomplished" real fast. :D

Remove ads