• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Farewell, my Friend

Carl S

First Post
Just to add my voice to the chorus: Thanks a million Paizo!
It is sad knowing this is the last print Dragon coming down the pike, but my anger and sadness have been mitigated knowing Pathfinder is coming, and seeing the already great work on GameMastery has been reassuring.
You guys are the best in the business.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Guys, thank you for shepherding an institution from "pretty good" to "freakin' amazing,"

Well said, Piratekitty. :)

The three Adventure Paths are some of the best work I've ever seen put out for the D&D game.

I wish everyone at Paizo all the best for the future, and am eagerly awaiting "Pathfinder".

And I'll also add a "Job Well Done" to everyone associated with the magazines since their inception as well; without their forebears, there would BE no "Dungeon" or Dragon" magazine.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Thanks to the Paizo crew for saving the two magazines, and thanks to WotC and TSR for the good old days, and thanks to all the amazing writers for their many great ideas. I call my wife and ask "is it there today" almost every month - Dragon was a great read, and a source of much joy for me over the years.

My distaste for "curling up with my computer" on the couch is immeasurable. I'll certainly give Pathfinder a try, but it won't be the same...

edited for speeling.

BlackMoria

First Post
Dragon and Dungeon have given me countless hours of enjoyment over the years and the magazines under Paizo just got better and better. They will be sorely missed.

I look forward to Pathfinder and hope they will provide the same thrill that Dungeon provided every month.

What can I say....you guys at Paizo are gawds in my book!

Qa'pla

Razz

Banned
Banned
Thanks staff and editors of Dragon and Dungeon, and thanks Paizo for giving them a home for these 5 years.

We'll miss ya guys...but I'm sure we'll see your names and work grace the pages...er, um...the network of WotC's Digital Initiative.

Bacris

First Post
You guys did a phenomenal job on Dragon - I'm sincerely looking forward to the last issue and looking forward to the first issue of Pathfinder :) If it's anything like the quality of work in Dragon / Dungeon, wewon't be disappointed :)

JoeBlank

Explorer
Adding my thanks to the multitude. Know that if you guys had not done such a great job for the past few years then we wouldn't all be upset over losing our monthly doses of D&D materials.

And long live Pathfinder!

ivocaliban

First Post
It's strange that while I've known about the end coming for months it hadn't quite seemed real to me until I read this post. Even so, it's still hard for me to imagine that in a couple of months there won't be a Dragon magazine on the shelf of my nearest bookstore anymore. Or on the shelf of any bookstore for that matter.

One can only wallow for so long, of course. So, I'll just say thank you to all those who worked on Dragon magazine over the years. You certainly made my campaigns far more interesting and complex. I don't think I could have managed Greyhawk without you. While I've only been reading Dragon since the 3.0 makeover, I'm still going to miss it fiercely.

Take care and good luck to you all!

Last edited:

Remove ads