• Rogue

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Wizard

Votes: 11 16.7%

Mae

First Post
Cleric for me. I love the vast possibilities of making one fit the game world and subsequently fine-tuning his abilities to the party's needs. I always strive to have a good back-story and motivation for a character; there's a wealth of of options I can choose from, so my clerics use the domain choices, deity, spells and the like represent that. All of this makes me enjoy the game immensely. :)

Pinotage

Explorer
I'm going to go with Rogue. Lots of fun to play, lots of variety, and also a great multiclassing class for a range of other classes.

Pinotage

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Feels lonely over here in Bard-ville with my 1 vote, but gotta say I always liked playing the bard. Sure they don't hit for a hojillion hit points, or drop meteors out of the sky, but a well placed charm monster, rainbow pattern, or song of discord will put you in the spotlight just the same. ;)

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Feels lonely over here in Bard-ville with my 1 vote, but gotta say I always liked playing the bard.

I enjoy them and Rangers, too. I feel bad they're doing so poorly, but you can only pick one. Bard's definitely in my "top 5" if not higher. The major limiting factor with bard is, I'm always apprehensive to play one because of the music "thing." My RL cha score is abysmal, which makes it hard already. But I've actually seen groups that expect you to recite a few lines of the perform check you're making. I just can't do that stuff! One of my friends who's all about bards actually tries to recite actual songs relevant to the current situation. I'm not that creative. I just roll a d20 and say my check result.

Pheonix Eldron

First Post
I love bards, they're #2 only to rogues. I also like the general idea of rangers but I don't like their abilities, I will play them... if my GM lets me reform almost every special ability they have. Other wise I love rangers.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Yes, I voted Bard. The poll says favorite, not most effective. To me, nothing say roleplaying more than a bar-hopping, sword-wielding, story-telling bard. Not that they are terribly effective in a standard fourperson party, though.

To be fair, I like elements of all of the core classes. But I'm a tinkerer. I like to pluck this and that and come up with new combos. And I hate themulticlassing rules. That's why I came up withmy own system for character design (see sig below).

samb1230

First Post
EPH isn't a core book? Because psi warrior would have my vote. All the extra feats, and powers allow for great versatility and techy combos, if a power isn't on your list you can just spent a feat and get it. Bonus feats that can martial or psionic makes it even more customizable.

Plus the fact that you can scoff at your less evolved breathen is icing on the cake.

slwoyach

First Post
I'm surprised there isn't a single vote for ranger considering the number of rangers I see in play. They must be everyone's second favorite class. I gotta go with fighter, I need feats.

Darklone

Yes, I voted Bard. The poll says favorite, not most effective. To me, nothing say roleplaying more than a bar-hopping, sword-wielding, story-telling bard. Not that they are terribly effective in a standard fourperson party, though.
You're right, I should have voted bard too... still nearly all of my builds have one or two barbarian dips... and ranger dips... or scout or rogue dips...

... and all these multiclass crimes act pretty much like bards.

Remove ads